Alibouk - admin application - //CLOSED//

Byond key : alibouk
Discord ID : Alibouk#9363
Usual IC handle : Remmington Snitchler , regularly changed.
Experience with SS13 : I’d say 3 years ?
Experience with administration in ss13 : None as an actual admin, though I’m comfortable with administration tools.
Your time-zone : GMT+1

Average amounts of hours active per week : Almost all the time for discord, recently about 5 hours in ss13 weekly, but I intend to increase it once I fix my actual laptop.

Your motivation : Admins running thin on NSV13, and having been with DS13 before as a mentor, I find myself interested in helping out again, if as something different.

Why do you think you are qualified?
I’ve been with the early incarnations of this project since a very long time, and even though I was gone due to real life reasons for a while, I’m interested in jumping back in, I’m relatively experienced with most ss13 mechanics, and with handling the infraction of server rules, My biggest hamstring I’d say is the lack of actual playtime, but I’m sure I’ll atleast help with patching up admin coverage. whether I am qualified is really up for you to judge.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER: Same as motivation.

QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER: Being aware of game mechanics, of the code atleast somewhat for affecting the flow of the game to improve the experience with everyone and to assist with events, and of the admin tools to smoothly and quickly patch up what players might screw up, while remembering the rules and most importantly making sure everyone is atleast somewhat having fun.

#1 when is it ok to adminbus ?
Spicing things up by say, ( for example : providing guarded syndicate equipment for the crew to recover and use for research), or to undo the damage a player caused by being overly incompetent or malicious, in order to make sure more people actually enjoy the round. Other than that the most I can do is assist with events.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?
An antagonist is an opposing force to the crew, they test their game knowledge, skills, and teamwork to see how much they can accomplish, they should have alot of freedom in doing so, as long as it doesn’t deviate too much from their objective, IE not killing the entire crew when their objective is stealing one thing. I’d say killing the entirety of security is acceptable if they validhunt.

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?
Record as much information about the round as I can (IE logs, conversations, ect) , get the player in the discord to provide his case, provide my case and information, await judgement by the rest of the staff and playerbase.

#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?
Using my admin permissions to undo a crewmember’s experience under any condition other than them breaking the rules, or ruining the entire active playerbase’ day, or orchestrating an event or adminbussing without organizing a vote, or atleast acknowledging the rest of the crew’s experience.

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?
Ensuring as many people are having fun, that the rules are being followed for that purpose, and that the game stays interesting and inviting for new and veteran players for as long as plausible.

Yeah, playtime is a real kick in the teeth to your application, especially with you only having 10 hours over the past year since you were first seen on server. It’s not a very promising sign to commitment. So until those numbers start going up quite a bit I’m going to have to drop a -1.

1 Like

the low play hours, plus a history of unannounced inactivity, I’m going to have to agree with the -1

Closing due to thread inactivity.