Discord - [Francinum] - Techpriest(Rust) - Banned me for no raisin //ACCEPTED//

Discord Username: Tech Priest#2772
Discord Nickname: Techpriest(Rust)
Reason for ban: You were banned from NSV 13. Reason: You’re a consistently obnoxious presence and seem more interested in being a massive asshole about some perceived persecution. Please appeal on the forums if you believe I’m in the wrong here. The headmins have sway there… Moderator: Francinum#0001 (id: 99977641196535808)
#mod-log Case Number (if available): id: 99977641196535808 (Not sure if that’s “mog-log Case Number”)
Why should you be unbanned?: (short disclaimer: english is not my native language, pardon my syntax) The ban (and the mute preceding it) is abuse of power by an admin. I won’t write an essay on a conflict because it was short, but the gist of it is: I was making a map for server which was ~29% complete by that point and asking questions in #shipyard channel from time to time. Friday morning Francinum asked me to provide the map, he was very persistent and asked a few times even though I did not get hired for salary to make maps for NSV13. After I provided the map he (and some bystanders) found things that should have been changed/improved for the map to have a shot at being merged eventually (this is my first ever map). I engaged in mildly annoying but ultimately friendly banter while fixing every single issue they raised in real time (and by the end of that conversation I mentioned more than once that I fixed every criticism they had except turning map 90 degrees and replacing tiny fans as that would take more time and can’t be fixed quickly). During our conversation Francinum took my banter very seriously but pretended not to and even said, literally, that if I think he will ban me because my map might overtake his map in popularity I’m an idiot. Less than a few minutes later he muted me for ~26 hours with a reasoning that in my opinion is nothing but power abuse (I didn’t break any discord rules as far as I know to deserve a mute). The next day after I called him out on that in the same shipyard channel he permabanned me. Conversations preceding my mute and subsequent ban are so short they would fit on a piece of paper each so there is no point elaborating further, reading logs should provide all the necessary information.

Case number is 401. This information may not be provided in bans, I’m unsure.

Messages purged by your removal are provided below in a certified message.

Tech Priest // Deleted from NSV 13, #shipyard at 8:19:51 AM, 8/15/2020

Last state of the map, If someone wants to pick up where I left go for it, I'm probably done with the server since this is second time I got metagrudged by a certain person but now he's using admin powers, I'm not into masochism.

[ 08:19 AM ]

I'm lazy to explain

bruuh

yes I missed the irony

>3 minutes later

>if you think I have a janitor syndrome and will ban you to prove it you're an idiot am I right xd

Not surprising

I think the thick irony passed right past Franc

?

straight from the horse's mouth

all you need to know

https://discordapp.com/channels/602204464417472601/605904125028204554/743672932752162856 https://discordapp.com/channels/602204464417472601/605904125028204554/743673006496284752 https://discordapp.com/channels/602204464417472601/605904125028204554/743677924309467227

I would not be surprised, I foreshadowed this metagrudge ending in my ban by a certain F 4 weeks ago

Due to a design choice, command-based mutes are rather destructive. I was not aware of this at the time. Log data pertaining to the original mute has been altered beyond usability.

A link to the original issuing of the mute is provided.

Okay, let’s start things off simple. If you felt you were being meta-grudged against by a member of the staff team why did you not make a complaint?

And this line of questioning may not make a ton of sense in terms of the specific ban reason, I’m just trying to paint a broad picture, since it seems that it goes beyond the ban itself.

Didn’t make a complaint because I assumed we’re adults playing a video game and he will drop the metagrudge or it will not go beyond the level of friendly banter, actually this would have been the way I preferred it because 1) I like nonstop banter, use of sarcasm and tease in all forms and have big tolerance for them myself 2) Making a complaint based on my assumption about another person’s feelings is just… very icky to me. There were no signs that Franc was being biased against me between that one ingame incident and yesterday.

Although I prefer to remain impartial to ban appeals, seeing as they are often outside of my field of jurisdiction, I cannot in good faith gloss over this particular one for the sheer amount of annoyance Rust has caused on the server. Following his ban, many of our logs were unintentionally destroyed on behalf of an error on the server bot’s part. As such, to paint a more perfect picture of the situation, I, as Community manager, am willing to testify about Rust’s character (or lack thereof). I can say with utmost confidence that Rust is nothing more than an LRP Powergamer who refuses to learn, cooperate with others, or accept fault on his own behalf. He is far from the type of individual we want on NSV, or dare I say any MRP server.

To recount the exciting career Rust has had with NSV13, he immediately became a thorn in the administration’s side with his usage of illegal generators that created an ungodly amount of power by exploiting a bug in Monster atmos code. This was not a single warning we gave him, but several as he continuously created these engines until we finally wore him down with a fair number of scoldings. Following an update to our Stormdrive engine he finally took an interest in it to actually operate it but to an unbelievably obsessive extent. He neglected his other duties as engineer such as repairing hull plates and breaches and would rather create excessive stormdrive setups, scaring away other engineers and scarcely speaking to his coworkers. His indifference to his fellow crewmembers goes so far as to ignoring Chief engineer orders and simply doing his own thing with the stormdrive. While I find joy in that he is enjoying our unique mechanics as engineer, he has neglected his other duties and his fellow engineers for his own min-maxing game. While he has proven competent, he is above all a power gamer and has shown himself to be particularly inconsiderate and LRP in his actions.

His character truly shines, however, in our Discord server. Rust’s character can only be properly described through his conduct as arrogant, narcissistic, and incredibly ignorant. I am sure that anyone willing to provide testimony of having spoken with him will share the sentiment that the vast majority of what he says in his long, incessant rambling is always about how amazing he is as an engineer, how his setup is the best, and how perfect his map is. After an endless barrage of complaints from him about how niche details of our Stormdrive wiki page were off, we finally convinced him to change it himself in hopes of getting him out of our hair. This proved to be one of our worst decisions, as we had to pick through his writing during a subsequent update and remove many direct references to the code, detailing exact numerical values on how the Stormdrive worked and complicating it beyond readability for general users and new engineers. While this is certainly evidence of power gaming, it is worth noting under the context of his character for his repeated questioning about the competency of our wiki staff. His general demeanor has proven incredibly unpleasant in general discussion and streams alike as well. Rust is quite prone to picking fights with our administrative staff over decisions rather than making any form of a formal complaint and was adamant about refusing to listen to any sort of logic on his power gaming ways being bad for the community. At night I host a mapping stream in which I and a select few gentlemen listen to some relaxing music, talk civilly, and generally enjoy one another’s company as a post-NSV past time. This, I can say with complete honesty, has become a key bit of evidence about Rust’s character as he would often drop in and attempt to hijack these streams talking, again, about his superior stormdrive setup, engineering prowess, and eventually about his map. These lengthy “conversations” (they were quite one-sided, I assure you) consisted of perhaps some of the strangest boasting I have heard in my life, stating that once his map is done “I’m probably going to get banned once my map is out, [Fran] is just going to get angry that it’s so much better and nobody is going to want to play Sausage anymore.”, “My engine was so good, but if I kept making it, even though people liked it, I would’ve been crucified.”, and of course the classic berating of my map’s quality as inferior, despite the evidence to follow. Rust is, above all, an incredibly narcissistic fellow, arrogant in his ways, and you’ll see, he is incredibly ignorant of any helping hand.

One of the last things Rust did before his late departure from our server was beginning to make his own map. During my stream he would detail incredibly questionable decisions he was making for this map, to the extent I do not even believe he has a firm grasp of all of our mechanics to be even qualified to do so. For your enjoyment, here is an itemized list of (most of) Rust’s incredibly incompetent design choices and his response brushing these criticisms off.

• The ship faces north as opposed to the east, when asking how he did not notice this he claimed he did not once look out the window at the animated backgrounds during a warp (see point 2). When pressed on this, he asked if there was some sort of code or program with which he could rotate the entirety of his ship when rendered in-game. His demeanor got more agitated when we explained we were not going to code in a new mechanic simply for his mapping error.

• The entirety of maintenance is walled using directional glass windows to space. His reasoning being he wanted to “reduce the size of the ship” when told not to do this, he simply ignored it after giving the previous statement.

• Tiny fans. He put about a dozen tiny fans on his ship in ways that the entire ship was essentially immune to the atmospherics system. The majority of airlocks had tiny fans, as did the turbine room (rendering it incredibly easy to use and also incredibly dangerous), Tcomms for some reason, and also engineering. His response was that there were only a handful, perhaps 4-5 tiny fans. When counted using the in-editor find system he provided no response other than “I’ll fix it”.

• Complaints about his own copied material. Large parts of the ship he was creating were using copy-pasted rooms or assets from other ships, as is standard. However, when many of his rooms were poorly functioning or simply not up to his standard, he would complain that it was our fault for designing our ships and rooms poorly that they would not work properly when ripped and pasted onto another setup.

• His ship had over 160 solar panels, pre-wired at round start. Along with a very clunky stormdrive set up, engineering had little to no purpose on the vessel. His response was that it was an “ultra-low pop ship”

There are of course many more issues I could detail about his ship, many of them pertaining to his poor understanding of fighters and munitions as a whole, but the point remains that with all of these issues he not once asked for help, confided in another mapper, or took any complaint with any degree of seriousness. Rust’s dismay at the east-facing policy, the supposed poor quality of our other ships compared to his plan, and his defense of undefendable flaws that would prevent that ship from ever being merged indicate his ignorance and self-importance from the fact that, quite simply, the world does not revolve around him.

As I have made clear, Rust’s power gaming nature is incredibly toxic to our MRP community, his arrogant, narcissistic, and outright ignorant behavior preventing him from facing his own faults and instead putting blame on others, and his hostile attitude picking fights with those who dare contradict his view of his perfect ship and setup. When all is said and all is done, Rust is a perfect example of a child who got everything he wanted when he threw a fit through crocodile tears. Unfortunately, we are not going to be complacent with his actions and instead bid him adieu in hopes he may one day be a more rounded individual.

As someone who was present at the first muting incident, I would like to weigh my part.
But, Considering Joe has already given most of the work above, I have little to say.

Your idea of “friendly banter” is ass-backwards. Nobody thought it was friendly, and your overall attitude was atrocious. Francium and many other people were giving harsh but necessary criticism, but your thick skull didn’t let any of that through. “The people before me did it bad, so why should I do better?” Is the very definition of laziness. The icing on the cake was thinking that it was all “Francium’s jealousy”, while 3-4 other people were giving the same criticism. Trust me, nobody would’ve liked your map if everything was already done for them. From what I hear, you yourself liked to upgrade the engine mid-game to a more efficient build – But your map wouldn’t even let other players do the same.

Francium has an idea of balance, standards, and ambition. You lack all three. go ahead and learn to map, make personal maps, and practice. Don’t come back until you get your mind straight.

Here is a relevant link I think you need to study.

(I don’t know how quotations work for multiple bits of text here and won’t experiment because I see no preview or edit button yet so pardon me if I just use “>”)

I can say with utmost confidence that Rust is nothing more than an LRP Powergamer who refuses to learn, cooperate with others, or accept fault on his own behalf.

I can off the cuff name issues on which I learned, began to copperate more and accepted fault as you say:

1. I followed through on admins noting that I was neglecting accidentally unwrenching wrong pipes, neglecting early round power generation for my custom setups and started prioritizing power and hull repairs aka other engi dutiges before I even stopped using TEG and switched to SD (~a week before). I will note here separately that I know only 1 player who on average repairs hull more than I do: Lorde Rathens, and he’s easily one the best Chief Engineer players on the server; he’s also the CE I was having conflicts with early on and he can attest I changed my behavior long ago.
  2. Followed through on every admin warning about my TEG setups and stopped using passive vents, then TEG altogether.

While I find joy in that he is enjoying our unique mechanics as engineer, he has neglected his other duties and his fellow engineers for his own min-maxing game.

This is an outright lie (second part of the sentence), provable by checking my ingame logs as opposed to conveniently deleted discord logs. Around the time TEG was forbidden and new SD introduced I started playing virologist/ghost often when I saw other newer names in engineering because I don’t ready up and usually join the game after checking crew manifest. I was literally trying to give other players chance at learning engineering and not scare them away with custom Stormdrive setups.

After an endless barrage of complaints from him about how niche details of our Stormdrive wiki page were off

They were not niche details, guide was outdated and by following it verbatum new players were blowing the engine up and giving up on playing engineer which is funny because I only cared about this and critiqued wiki because I wanted newer engineers to learn which directly contradicts your previous sentences.

This proved to be one of our worst decisions, as we had to pick through his writing during a subsequent update and remove many direct references to the code, detailing exact numerical values on how the Stormdrive worked and complicating it beyond readability for general users and new engineers.

A lot, and by that I mean a lot of my references were not deleted and passed Karmic’s review, he kept my modifications to step-by-step setup guide almost entirely because they helped the new guy the most. What’s interesting is that more parts of the guide that were original and not added by me were removed by Karmic than stuff that I added. Anyone who wants to verify this only has to check history of the wiki page in question: https://nsv.beestation13.com/wiki/Guide_to_the_Stormdrive_Engine

and of course the classic berating of my map’s quality as inferior

Outright lie, I never once said Ansome’s map was/is “inferior”, there were multiple witnesses on every stream so I won’t even bother to elaborate.

During my stream he would detail incredibly questionable decisions he was making for this map, to the extent I do not even believe he has a firm grasp of all of our mechanics to be even qualified to do so.

Map in question (it’s last state before I gave up working on it) is: https://gofile.io/d/4beeEr
Feel free to verify everything that’s about to follow.

The ship faces north as opposed to the east, when asking how he did not notice this he claimed he did not once look out the window at the animated backgrounds during a warp (see point 2). When pressed on this, he asked if there was some sort of code or program with which he could rotate the entirety of his ship when rendered in-game. His demeanor got more agitated when we explained we were not going to code in a new mechanic simply for his mapping error.

I quoted this whole segment just so everyone can reread this a few times and think about what here is supposed to impune on my character or really anything.

The entirety of maintenance is walled using directional glass windows to space.

This is rich because at the time the entire maintenance was one easter-egg room mimicking abandoned bar on other maps, the rest of maintenance added so far uses walls as anyone can verify for themselves.

Tiny fans. He put about a dozen tiny fans on his ship in ways that the entire ship was essentially immune to the atmospherics system.

Ansome is quoting Francinum’s line from 2 days ago here, I don’t think he even opened my map which is hilarious. 4/12 tiny fans were in cargo shuttle area and I only used them for map debugging and said as much in our original argument with Francinum. Regardless this is irrelevant as every single tiny fan was removed as I said it would be and replaced by proper airlock controller with an automatic failsafe for atmos tanks bursting which is something a lot of people even complained in discord about other maps/code. Anyone can verify this right now.

When counted using the in-editor find system he provided no response other than “I’ll fix it”.

Crime of the century no less.

Complaints about his own copied material. Large parts of the ship he was creating were using copy-pasted rooms or assets from other ships, as is standard. However, when many of his rooms were poorly functioning or simply not up to his standard, he would complain that it was our fault for designing our ships and rooms poorly that they would not work properly when ripped and pasted onto another setup.

How you can twist what really happened that much I did not even think was possible.
Some of the critiques levied on my map by bystanders were literally parts of the map I copypasted from other already test-merged (I meant to say full-merged I think, aka ships server uses in rotation currently) ships. I pointed this out to which a responce by some people (I think by Ansome himself actually, feel free to Ctrl+F this in discord shipyard) was that I (first-time-mapper) should have improved on them instead of simply pointing out that I copied them. Yes. Seriously. Look it up.

His ship had over 160 solar panels, pre-wired at round start. Along with a very clunky stormdrive set up, engineering had little to no purpose on the vessel. His response was that it was an “ultra-low pop ship”

My SD setup is fully customizeable and probably the most new-engineer-friendly and advanced-engineer-friendly at the same time of all the current maps, I challenge anyone to verify that right now by loading my map and doing exactly that. On my map you can setup SD with any basic gas an engineer desires in less than 2 minutes and I asked if we have sprites for gas posters on the ground so I could visualise this even better for new players. Yes, this is an ultra-low-pop ship and it has different engines some oh which work automatically to provide baseline power to make it playable… on low pop. When there might not be engineer staff online for the entire round, you know.

There are of course many more issues I could detail about his ship, many of them pertaining to his poor understanding of fighters and munitions as a whole

I did not even implement fighter bay in the version of the map Ansome is critiquing (map version that I provided to Francinum Friday morning). He’s taking me asking multiple people who play pilot/muntech for input and advice on how to properly implement those departments and somehow trying to imply I’m doing something wrong or being arrogant or I don’t even know what he’s implying here. This is hilarious.

but the point remains that with all of these issues he not once asked for help, confided in another mapper, or took any complaint with any degree of seriousness.

Are we living in the same universe, even? It’s so convenient that my logs on the server were deleted because otherwise anyone would be able to verify that this is an outright lie in less than 10 seconds by using discord search. Every issue that was critiqued

1. I fixed in real time and mentioned this a few times during our original conversation with Francinum before I was muted on Friday.
  2. I was asking for input from other mappers and players non-stop, 24/7, all the time.

As I have made clear, Rust’s power gaming nature is incredibly toxic to our MRP community.

I have improved on this so much during the last 2 weeks of playing that if you type ctrl+F right now in discord and check for “Rust RP” you will find a comment by someone that they were surprised with how decent my RP was in the last round (it was a round with Centcomm staff inspecting our Tycoon ship for “illegal technology”.

his arrogant, narcissistic, and outright ignorant behavior preventing him from facing his own faults.

My narcissistic nature has not prevented me from facing a single fault of mine and fixing it so far. If my discord logs are ever restored I hope they will be pinned in this thread entirely because they would clear so much to bystanders.

1 Like

REPLY ADVISORY: Something I would like to point out now after having to review forum reports: If you are going to reply to this thread, try to provide something more than just a link to a meme video or such.

I don’t remember the exact phrasing, try searching for Rust and roll back to the inspection round, it was last weekend of one before that.

Cdey_78

Your idea of “friendly banter” is ass-backwards. Nobody thought it was friendly, and your overall attitude was atrocious. Francium and many other people were giving harsh but necessary criticism, but your thick skull didn’t let any of that through.

1. I’m not an employee of the server and didn’t get hired to make maps, I didn’t ask for my map to get reviewed, I was asked to provide the map file a few times by Francinum. Reserve this scold for people who owe you something, alright buddy?

The icing on the cake was thinking that it was all “Francium’s jealousy”, while 3-4 other people were giving the same criticism

1. What are you talking about? The problem is not criticism, it’s entirely irrelevant to OP, it’s that I got permabanned for breaking I’m not even sure which rule yet.

Everything I said seems to have flown over your head, so allow me to elaborate:

I’m not an employee of the server and didn’t get hired to make maps

You seem to like to use this sentence to deflect and ignore criticism whenever it has a couple harsh words tossed in there as well. I’m not sure how you get about life if someone’s rude demeanor inhibits your ability to learn. The point of the matter is that you were making a map for NSV, and from what you said about Francium being jealous of it overtaking his map, had the absolute intention of adding it into the game. Therefore, this map is wholly subject to any and all criticism from their staff, whether or not you are our employee.

I didn’t ask for my map to get reviewed, I was asked to provide the map file a few times by Francinum. Reserve this scold for people who owe you something, alright buddy?

You did not ask to have the map reviewed. You asked for help on a specific piece of the map, and Francium asked to see how the map was coming along. Seeing above, as you seemingly had the intent to add it to NSV, he was within every right to give what he gave. HOWEVER, presuming that you are not our employee (since you’re so apt at claiming this), you ALSO had the right to refuse to present the map. He had no right to force the map out of you, but you willingly gave it regardless.

What are you talking about? The problem is not criticism, it’s entirely irrelevant to OP, it’s that I got permabanned for breaking I’m not even sure which rule yet.

The problem is entirely criticism. Or, to be precise, your response to it. The part I mentioned here is even more relevant because it’s provided insight to how you seem to think; You’ve tried very hard to invalidate criticism with a harsh word thrown in. You were deflecting every major problem as well, most of which being poor excuses or laziness ("Rotate it in the code, It’s an ultra-lowpop ship(Which they don’t need more than one lowpop ship)) and ultimately continued to fight us on it. You even came back to spark more shit with Francium after the ordeal, which is why you’re here right now.

Oh, and for “Rust RP”? I did a search. The results are not too bright.
image image image image

This is of my own personal viewpoint there are issues with how you are currently Tech Priest. The response that occurred to you through the abuse of certain systems in game were justified.

Your reaction at the time on the discord was unsuitable.

It has slightly improved since then but you need to fully understand that people are frustrated with you. The fact that other maps were not up to standard because we failed to vet them properly is correct. Accepting that you will need to fix your map would be correct. There are other aspects are very unsuitable. The ease of use doesn’t actually mean good gameplay. It needs to not be absolutely perfect.

The fact that you responded aggressively shows that you are not fully aware that your taking the frustration of what you call banter too far and too personal to staff. Staff are not paid for anything. This is entirely voluntary.

I personally suggest that if you want to come back ensure that you are less attention grabbing and dont try making something work to perfection. Take time out from being entirely absorbed in one aspect. Consider if repeating about a very particular mechanic over and over is potentially too repetitive. I dont want to say your unsuitable here but you are too focused on what you talk about. Spread it out and try not to be the final word on something.

Every person playing on this server is important and critical. That means if a particular person is causing others to not play or enjoy particular aspects that is going to cause a problem. If needed take a breather and refresh your thought process.

For everyone accusing Rust of being a powergamer, his first TEG design made enough power for shields and then some (20-25 MWs), and if you think this is powergaming, please enlighten me as to how, as this amount of power is enough for shields, which are a requirement on the Aetherwhisp and a good addition for the other ships. Now, then he was nerfed and he somehow managed to come up with 200+ MW TEG designs, and I agree, that’s a bit ridiculous and he shouldn’t have made them constantly every round. As for his Stormdrive designs, I haven’t seen many of them that didn’t end up going boom, but they barely made enough power to power the shields, and that was with the Aetherwhisp SD which is 26% stronger than the normal ones.

For everyone accusing Rust of neglecting his duties, I have not seen this, only when there were enough Engineers that he could afford to just babysit the engine, FTL and optionally shields. And what is wrong with someone staying behind in Engineering, watching over everything? On shifts where he was needed to do hull repair and normal repair, I saw him outside repairing the hull and breaches, so I also don’t know where this is coming from.

For everyone accusing Rust of not being friendly with his co-workers, I can’t say as much about this as the other points, but I have seen him interact with other Engineers, as for his setups being confusing, I do agree with that, however, he would and could’ve explained them to anyone that asked, which isn’t a lot of people. Over my entire time playing NSV13, the only person that asked about the Stormdrive was a Janitor that said they wanted to be an Engineer.

For those accusing Rust of being LRP, please provide proof.

@Techpriest081:
You’re a great and capable Engineer in-game.
On the Discord, though? That shit needs to change.
The way you responded and reacted to people is and was not acceptable.
I understand you were under stress with multiple people typing at you all in the span of a few minutes, but you need to calm down, go brew some tea or something, come back after the shitstorm of people yelling at you is over, and then respond to them, when you’re not under stress.

@Ansome:

he immediately became a thorn in the administration’s side with his usage of illegal generators that created an ungodly amount of power by exploiting a bug in Monster atmos code. This was not a single warning we gave him, but several as he continuously created these engines until we finally wore him down with a fair number of scoldings

He made power, his power generation was nerfed, he made power, admins said using passive vents wasn’t allowed, he made power without passive vents, admins said using directional windows wasn’t allowed as they were indestructible and didn’t let heat through them, he made power with walls, admins said that he can’t use the TEG, he made power without the TEG.
Also, really, a bug with monstermos code? This bug is older than NSV13 and seems like no one has tried to fix it or report it (indestructible directional windows if placed in a specific way + no heat going through any kind of windows). Not to mention his first TEGs before the first nerf made roughly enough power for shields and then some power to spare (20-25 MWs of power), which doesn’t seem like an ungodly amount of power.

Following an update to our Stormdrive engine he finally took an interest in it to actually operate it but to an unbelievably obsessive extent. He neglected his other duties as engineer such as repairing hull plates and breaches and would rather create excessive stormdrive setups, scaring away other engineers and scarcely speaking to his coworkers. His indifference to his fellow crewmembers goes so far as to ignoring Chief engineer orders and simply doing his own thing with the stormdrive. While I find joy in that he is enjoying our unique mechanics as engineer, he has neglected his other duties and his fellow engineers for his own min-maxing game. While he has proven competent, he is above all a power gamer and has shown himself to be particularly inconsiderate and LRP in his actions.

Do you have any proof? I’ve had rounds with him and seen him cooperate with others and I have seen him almost constantly on hull repair if it was needed and other Engineers weren’t available for it. As for the SD setups, he makes them in a way that they make the power that’s needed or more. Most Engineers that aren’t experienced (think Casimir, Rathens, etc.) don’t care about the SD or how it works or how to set it up and just go somewhere and do their own thing. Infact, the most I’ve ever seen of someone asking how to setup the SD was a fucking Janitor (not a traitor, was genuinely learning).

This proved to be one of our worst decisions, as we had to pick through his writing during a subsequent update and remove many direct references to the code, detailing exact numerical values on how the Stormdrive worked and complicating it beyond readability for general users and new engineers. While this is certainly evidence of power gaming, it is worth noting under the context of his character for his repeated questioning about the competency of our wiki staff.

Giving exact numbers and code references is power gaming, got it.
Looking at the history of the wiki page, I don’t see any code references or “exact” numbers, please, show me the places with them. Also the part where he says how to help against a meltdown by slowly inserting control rods is completely removed and not replaced with anything.
Right, on Discord I was told that “Temperature does not simply linearly increase from reaction rate or get reduced from coolant gas or rod presence. Rather, the ratio of heating and cooling factors forms a target range towards which temperature drifts - faster if the target is further away. With one rare exception temperature falling or increasing does not mean it will continue to do so forever. This is important to understanding fundamental principles of Stormdrive.” is a reference to the formula that’s in the code, and it does seem to be like that. This is overly complicated and should be summed down to a sentence or completely left out. What’s wrong with looking at the code while writing a wiki page for an engine? Obviously you don’t include the entire code or just transcribe it, but you should have an understanding of how it works under the hood.

The ship faces north as opposed to the east, when asking how he did not notice this he claimed he did not once look out the window at the animated backgrounds during a warp (see point 2). When pressed on this, he asked if there was some sort of code or program with which he could rotate the entirety of his ship when rendered in-game. His demeanor got more agitated when we explained we were not going to code in a new mechanic simply for his mapping error.

I can’t say anything on this, as searching for “rotate” on the Discord returns not very good results, not to mention his messages were deleted. Also, I genuinely didn’t pay any attention to the FTL background, even though I’ve played on FTL13 which afaik has the same background as NSV13, and all the maps are indeed rotated horizontally, which is a lot more prominent and he should’ve spotted that.

The entirety of maintenance is walled using directional glass windows to space. His reasoning being he wanted to “reduce the size of the ship” when told not to do this, he simply ignored it after giving the previous statement.

The “entirety of maintenance” is a singular area, the Cargo shuttle landing zone. I do agree that having directional windows to space is not exactly a good idea, and he definetely should change that.

Tiny fans. He put about a dozen tiny fans on his ship in ways that the entire ship was essentially immune to the atmospherics system. The majority of airlocks had tiny fans, as did the turbine room (rendering it incredibly easy to use and also incredibly dangerous), Tcomms for some reason, and also engineering. His response was that there were only a handful, perhaps 4-5 tiny fans. When counted using the in-editor find system he provided no response other than “I’ll fix it”.

What’s wrong with saying “I’ll fix it” to someone pointing out a problem with your map? Is it illegal to fix mistakes in your ship that someone else pointed out? I don’t really get this part.
He removed the tiny fans after they were pointed out to him.

Complaints about his own copied material. Large parts of the ship he was creating were using copy-pasted rooms or assets from other ships, as is standard. However, when many of his rooms were poorly functioning or simply not up to his standard, he would complain that it was our fault for designing our ships and rooms poorly that they would not work properly when ripped and pasted onto another setup.

No, people complained about the parts that were copy pasted from other ships, when he asked what to do with it, he was told to fix the parts that he copy pasted. I don’t see why a first-time mapper should fix the mistakes of others when working on his first map, meanwhile the ships with the mistakes don’t have those mistakes fixed.

His ship had over 160 solar panels, pre-wired at round start. Along with a very clunky stormdrive set up, engineering had little to no purpose on the vessel. His response was that it was an “ultra-low pop ship”

The solar panels are indeed pre-wired, but someone still has to use the solar console, and I don’t know how this is a bad thing on a low pop ship. The self-starting turbine might be a bit too much, but once again, it’s a low pop ship in which Engineering not existing is a high probability. Also, on most other ship maps, once the engine is setup, Engineering just becomes repair personnel with maybe one Engineer looking over the engine, and I don’t see how this is different on his map, as the only change is the fact the turbine starts itself up on it’s own, but it could be optimized more and it needs to be watched over if you don’t want to run out of power.

There are of course many more issues I could detail about his ship, many of them pertaining to his poor understanding of fighters and munitions as a whole, but the point remains that with all of these issues he not once asked for help, confided in another mapper, or took any complaint with any degree of seriousness.

First, his ship doesn’t have any other department than Cargo or Engineering, and he hasn’t started actually mapping out Munitions or the Hangar. Second, he has asked people for help and other mappers if I’m not mistaken. Third, he removed the tiny fans and other issues that Francinum and others pointed out as far as I’m aware, though I am not sure if he fixed the directional window Cargo LZ.

@Cdey_78:

First of all, welcome to our community! This is the first time Cdey_78 has posted.

Francium has an idea of balance, standards, and ambition. You lack all three.

I wouldn’t say he lacks ambition, else he would’ve stopped with his TEG engines after they were nerfed.
Talking about balance with an unfinished map is pretty nice. As for standards, this is his first time mapping, and so I agree that they are probably lower than Francinum’s.

Trust me, nobody would’ve liked your map if everything was already done for them.

It’s a low pop map which compensates for the possibility that a whole department has no staff in it, roundstart Engineering is making power with a turbine and he attempted and failed at automating Cargo. People have to turn on the solars, and the Stormdrive is completely untouched.

From what I hear, you yourself liked to upgrade the engine mid-game to a more efficient build – But your map wouldn’t even let other players do the same.

You literally haven’t seen the map, are you just here for the drama or want to see him gone? He’s literally made one of the best, if not the best, pipe setup for the Stormdrive which makes it easy for both new and experienced Engineers to setup the Stormdrive.

Rust RP search

DSK and Rust haven’t actually been on the server together in Engineering many times so I have no idea what’s going on here.
Taigo is talking about his discord conduct.
Koekie is a mixed response, though more negative.
Haydee is responding to when I said that Rust automated Engineering and I’m pretty sure he was joking.

Alright, here is my take on things.

First: The implication that any staff member on NSV13 is paid, has been paid, or otherwise gains any compensation from this project other than a deep loathing to kill themselves sense of warmth and enjoyment for the things that we have created is simply incorrect. If someone’s making money off of NSV13 I want my kickback.

Specifically regarding your “banter” with Francinium, I wouldn’t necessarily call it banter, and some of the claims that you seem to make are in fact grounds for a staff/admin complaint. You should (if you haven’t already) avail yourself of that feature of our community. I do know that you two are not fans of one another. I expect you both now to behave professionally towards one another in the future, and have spoken with Francinium specifically regarding this.

Now, moving on to my own observations. In general you do powergame. This is not question, it is fact, to the point where (as Ansome mentioned) you were code-diving on the storm drive to determine the most efficient mixture, rather than determining by “safe” trial and error like the typical player. You’ve turned generating power into a research paper, not a game. As well we discovered several bugs in the corners of atmospherics code due to your initial TEG setup, and as we slowly started to counter those bugs you constantly worked to find ways around the patches. This is against server rules, and such, could warrant a warning or server ban. That however, has been addressed.

In discord is where I find that you seem to have the most trouble. You often have trouble taking criticism with grace, and have an ego which, surprisingly, is larger than mine. You consistently present your own works as being superior, whilst also dismissing other design features, or even permitting holes in your own designs because “It was wrong over here.” Just because something is wrong in one place means it should be wrong in another. This is a lazy man’s excuse for poor quality.

I would like to also take this opportunity to point out that at no point have you made any issue reports to our code repository, which is literally the easiest way to contribute to our project. Instead you incessantly complain in discord, where it is well known that things get lost with excessive ease.

In conclusion, during your time with us we have noticed you openly exploiting code defects, code diving to find maximum efficiency instead of playing this game as it is, a game, you’ve caused a surprising amount of drama for a single person, and finally you’ve done nothing to actually better the code base other than complain in literally the only forum where your complaints will be consistently, perpetually, and constantly forgotten.

Now, despite the demons on my shoulder I do believe in the power of a second chance, and as such I am going to provide you with one. I expect your general attitude in the community to improve significantly after this. I expect you to show at least the slightest variant of humility. I would like to see you make good on this second chance. If you make me regret this decision, I will not hesitate to re-apply a ban or mute.

Your appeal is Accepted. This ban will be reduced to a 1 week mute upon your rejoining the server.