Koekiegast - Mentor application ///ACCEPTED///

CKEY: Koekiegast
Discord Name: Koekiegast
Living Playtime (OOC: View Tracked Playtime): 111 hours
Experience with NSV mechanics: I main ce so stormdrive, i have started a (old) fighter and i know my way around the munitions department.
Why do you want to be a mentor: Well i have a lot of experience mainly with engineering which new people seem to be strugeling with and i would like to use it to help people more.

#1 What does an ATC do?: The ATC is to direct the fighters trough space and over the deck, they are also to serve as the communication link between the fighters and the (ground) crew. Last but not least they also launch fighters and open the doors for them.
#2 What parts does one need to start constructing a torpedo?: A casing, a guidance computer, an iff chip and a warhead. Also some wire a screwdriver, a welder and a wrench.
#3 What is a good entry role for those new to NSV?: Munitions tech or fighter pilot if there are more people in those roles. Munitions tech is easy to learn and it doesn’t matter too much if one of the techs is new, a fighter pilot can learn the controls of flying and shooting without too much pressure on their shoulders before moving on to a bo or flight leader position.
#4 What is a good entry role for those new to SS13?: They say assistant but assistants don’t have a goal or any respect. A civilian role is better i believe as they aren’t vital and it doesn’t matter too much if they do poorly, but they have a goal and atleast some respect and if there is another person with the same role they might be able to help.
#5 Is an XO supposed to just act like a HoP?: The xo has more responsibilities than just the hop ones, they need to manage the squads and assist the heads with problems that need someone with a higher rank to help.
#6 Build torp?: TAKE THE SAFETIES OFF!

1 Like

Very quick and to-the-point application, you’ve also proven yourself through your aid in the wiki project and have a very good attitude towards helping others. I would be glad to have you on the mentor team.

+1

The app seems good to me, seen you around a bunch so you’re definitely competent, it’s a +1 from me.

Known Koeki since FTL13, as FTL13’s residental CE main untill the downturn of said server.
I’ve seen him play as MaA and CE, and never once questioned their actions whilst handling said jobs.
This is legit the most capable Engineer mentor we’ll get for a long time.