Mentor App - Bokkiewokkie(3) //ACCEPTED//

CKEY: Bokkiewokkie
Discord Name: Bokkiewokkie3#5020
Living Playtime (OOC: View Tracked Playtime): 101h
Experience with NSV mechanics: Professional Stormdrive operator, expert torp builder and perfectly adequate fighter pilot.

Why do you want to be a mentor: I often play as the Chief Engineer and find that there’s quite a few new players joining who don’t know much about the NSV mechanics (and sometimes even ss13 at all). At the start of the shift I will usually ask if any of the engineers need help with NSV mechanics (of course in a more IC and less direct way) which I then assist them with, for example: I had one engineer who did play NSV for some time but was just too afraid of the stormdrive to try it out. So I told him it’s actually very easy and after a few minutes of explaination he got the hang of it. I wish I could also do this with less experienced players in other parts of the ship to make the game more fun for everyone.

#1 What does an ATC do?: They manage the launching and docking of fighters by operating the magcats and hangar shutters and coordinating with the fighters as they come in.

#2 What parts does one need to start constructing a torpedo?: Either a casing or 15 metal (to make the casing), a propulsion system, an IFF card, a guidance system, five wires, a warhead of any kind (except the small ones cause those make missiles), a wrench, a screwdriver and a welder (optional welding helmet if you like to use your eyes)

#3 What is a good entry role for those new to NSV?: I find that starting with MT (which I also did myself) can teach someone a lot about the mechanics (fire torp) and also the universe and general atmosphere of NSV13. Mining is also good to start out with, mainly because there is almost always other miners around and you still get to know the basics of ship to ship combat and CIC operations.

#4 What is a good entry role for those new to SS13?: Mostly service roles such as Janitor, assistant, bartender or cook because they can safely learn how to play without accidentallying something critical to the ship’s survival, though Science roles are also great because there’s often a lot of other scientists who can help you out.

#5 Is an XO supposed to just act like a HoP?: They are definitely very similar (because HoP is the parent role), though I would say the XO has more emphasis on being the second in command. They obviously still manage the XO(/HoP) line and ID access but tend to lean more towards being the captain’s assistant and thus focusing more on ship-specific duties.

#6 Build torp?: Torp casing > Torp propulsion > Torp guidance > Torp card > Torp warhead > Torp wire > ah yes let’s use our flame tool to on the unfinished explosive = torp
(warning: torp requires wrenching for parts and screwdrivering for cards, torp inc is not responsible for any workplace accidents related to torp assembly and/or disassembly)

1 Like

MAKE TORP
+1

Apparently I need to say more than just “MAKE TORP”, you have a good amount of playtime, well written app, no notes, and good game knowledge.

All looks good to me. Have fun with Hell Mentor system. +1

(Also did you say fire torp? I’m pretty sure you said FIRE MISSILE!)

Looks good to me,

+1

I see no issues with this. Technically it’s @ta3370’s final call.

+1, apparently that’s something we’re supposed to do.