Mentor application (Dr. Sir Knight) //ACCEPTED//

CKEY: drsirknight
Discord Name: Dr. Sir Knight#9614
Living Playtime (OOC: View Tracked Playtime): 147 hours
Experience with NSV mechanics: Decent amount, I know how fighters work and how munitions works, but I haven’t played a lot of head roles in those departments so I could have gaps in my knowledge.
Why do you want to be a mentor: S̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶b̶d̶u̶c̶t̶o̶r Because I know quite a lot about the game from playing AI and I’d like to share that knowledge, but it being quite hard to help people IC or with LOOC. I see a lot of players struggling with engineering or manning the CIC and I’d love to help them get better.

#1 What does an ATC do?: Does everything related to mag-cats like launching the mag-cats. Cordinates with the fighters to make sure everyone has been launched. Checks the dradis for enemys. (That is if they don’t decide to run off roundstart and never return)
#2 What parts does one need to start constructing a torpedo?: Torpedo casing, guidance system, IFF card, propulsion, any type of payload, wires, wrench, screwdriver and welder. All of these are available at munitions at the start of the round and more can be ordered from cargo.
#3 What is a good entry role for those new to NSV?: I started as munitions tech and I think others should aswell. Munitions is great for starting because you get to see how our weapon mechanics work and on certain maps you get to observe how fighters work. Fighter pilot can also be quite a good starting role, as the role is really effective at teaching you the main mechanic of NSV 13, ship combat and you being bad at the role won’t affect the round as much as being bridge staff.
#4 What is a good entry role for those new to SS13?: A good entry role would be janitor, you don’t really have any big responsibilitys and the job includes quite a lot of the ingame mechanics. I’d also say engineer would be a good starting job on higher populations, as you get to learn how to use tools and how to repair hull.
#5 Is an XO supposed to just act like a HoP?: XO does act quite similar to the HoP in a few things, the XO is still the head of service and cargo, he handles job and access modification and he is the second in command for when the captain isn’t present. But he also functions as assistance for the captain with things outside the CIC, since the captain very rarely does leave the CIC.
#6 Build torp?: Y̶e̶s To build torpedos you can examine the casing to see the next step in construction. Construction is done by clicking on the torpedo casing with these items in order: 1. Propulsion system 2. Wrench 3. Guidance system 4. Screwdriver 5. IFF card 6. Screwdriver 7. Payload 8. Wrench 9. Wire 10. Wrench 11. Weld

Build Torp! +1
Yes was the sort of correct answer