BYOND KEY: Qai07
DISCORD ID: Kanate144#7356
USUAL IC HANDLE: Tyber Kanson
EXPERIENCE WITH SS13: Joined late into the sethtide, stuck around on beestation and after about a year and some digging, found my way to the ruins of FTL-13, and from there, found my way here and stuck around for another year. About 700+ hours on NSV in total.
EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13: Outside of Hosting on my own machine, none.
YOUR TIME-ZONE: GMT+1
AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK: Back in the day, around 12 over the weekend.
YOUR MOTIVATION: After a solid year of playing NSV and seeing almost everything that it has to offer, interacting with the constantly changing variety of players and situations, I want to make sure that things remain safe and enjoyable for new and old players.
Why do you think we should accept you over other applicants? Why do you think you are qualified? Why should we trust you?:
Beside managing to maintain a clean record in terms of admin notes both in game and on the discord, I like to think that I’ve got a decent rep with the rest of the player base. I’ve worked with the NSV staff team on and off for the past year and more recently with lore team being considered staff, I think I can work well with the other admins and staff members.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER:
I want new players and returning players to have the same experience that I have been lucky to get. NSV has been able to maintain a good standard of true MRP for a long time, and maintaining that I believe is crucial to keeping things the way they are.
QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER:
- Being reliable, having players trust that my judgement is fair and consistent will go a long way to establishing trust with other players.
- Faith, trusting players to learn and improve on their own, without having to push them too hardly or punish them too harshly.
- Finally, being fair. Treat everyone with the same respect and honesty that they deserve regardless if they are a new or old player.
Now for the questions:
#1 When is it okay to Adminbus?
- Adminbus is meant to be reserved for events or small changes to the round either for improving or fixing problems that come up. Otherwise it’s best to keep your hands off and let things flow naturally.
#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?
- Antagonists exist to add variety to the rounds, but on NSV specifically they are an addition rather than the defining trope of each round. A side story rather than the main plot.
Antags should be free to accomplish their objectives in ways that are sensible, usually trying to maintain a low kill count unless their objectives claim otherwise. They are given a lot of freedom and power to play around compared to the average crewmate.
#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?
- View the allegations against me and related evidence, confer with other admins and players to decide what the best course of action is. Referring to a neutral third party like the Head Admins would be an ideal way to solve disputes.
#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?
- The most obvious example would be spawning yourself in and godding yourself and proceeding to use an energy chainsaw to slaughter everyone in the hallways for the hell of it. A more subtle abuse of power would be to quietly increasing someone’s brain damage if they annoy you.
#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?
- Staff should be friendly and approachable, players should be able to trust their staff to be fair and impartial as well as generally friendly. Most importantly, be active.