Rav_Nunya admin application -- //DENIED - EXTREMELY STALE//

BYOND KEY: Rav_Nunya

DISCORD ID:NonAmbiguous#3671

USUAL IC HANDLE:Petra Powers

EXPERIENCE WITH SS13:About two years actually playing, most of that has been spent on bay with visiting other servers in between, including nsv during testing.

EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13:I’m familiar with some admin tools but beyond private servers I have no experience.

YOUR TIME-ZONE: cdt or gmt-5

AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK: ~7, sometimes double that.

YOUR MOTIVATION:I want to try something new and help an interesting community.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER: You guys need the staff and I’m willing to become one so I can help about and try something new for myself.

QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER: Good judgment to decide when intervention is required and to settle disputes as well as good reaction time.

#1 When is it okay to Adminbus?
When it adds to the enjoyment of the round for those affected.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?
Antagonists are here to drive the round forward, to give some structure and challenge that isn’t provided by the mechanical systems. They are also there to make the round “fun” or enjoyable. Plasmaflooding the station round start as an antag isn’t as fun for everyone as say, an axe murderer roaming the halls. If they’re murderboning ans such or not doing anything to provide interaction intervention should be taken.

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?
If it were true I’d own up to it, no point in hiding it and gaining a reputation. If it weren’t I’d tell the truth and face what comes my way.
#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?
Using the powers given to one for themselves or for malicious purposes without adding quality or enjoyment to the round.

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?
The staff are here to facilitate gameplay, mostly by making sure rules are followed and that no one is ruining others time to the extreme.

You have a very nice application running, but your playtime hours are relatively low.

If you can brush up on your hours I’d say this would be a fairly strong application.

Good thing I’m working on that then, heh!

Exactly man, you will feel the hours build up!

Do I need to make another application later when I log more hours or…

I’d leave that decision up to the Head-Admins/Leads, I don’t want to make that call mate.

I agree with SuperDork. With such low hours it’s hard for us to get a good feel for your behavior IC, which is our primary metric for for most admins that don’t have a ton of admin experience elsewhere. So I’m going to have to -1 this. Come back with a good 50 hours and no major notes and we’ll probably be happy to bring you onto the team.

Yeesh this is stale.