IC NAME: idk random nukie name, T.O.A.S.T.E.R. beforehand
BYOND KEY: AtlasRules87
DATE OF BAN: 21/03/2021
DURATION OF BAN: 1 month (20/04/2021)
ADMIN BYOND KEY: Thudner
REASON FOR BAN: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/792632642662432768/822984576686489610/unknown.png
YOUR APPEAL: Strictly speaking, I don’t want to be unbanned, but I want my ban reduced and access to the discord back, as 7 days for LRP (with only one visible note as a warning and subtle messages) and then it being increased to a month due to being an insufferable little shit due to how fucking grating it is to play this game at times and deal with situations, both ICly and OOCly (see the “fuck off jannie” part) is mental in all honesty.
I don’t do longform writing well, so I’ll just bulletpoint:
- I only had a SINGLE visible note being the “last straw” note
- All other warnings I had were from subtle PMs and (i think) ahelps, which are so forgettable I don’t even remember if I had any of the latter.
- The behaviour in discord, yeah I can’t excuse that, but you of all people should know how insufferable SS13 players are as a whole sometimes. (god i miss 2018/19 sometimes man, back before sseth…)
- Going back to the ban reason, the "went into storage as AI without ahelping is frankly stupid, as Thudner was invisiminned at the time hence why I didn’t ahelp. Plus, the AI slot is opened up by that anyway so why would I bother? I told people ICly that I had to go, so I see no problem with this.
- The meat and potatos, why I got banned for originally 1 week: the whole “Z-levels” claim. TL;DR I fell through a hole created by me blowing into the captain’s office for the disk, when i came back the disk was gone and it was about to be a rad storm and I lost my cool. Any other time I would’ve said “haha le funny decks moment”, but no. That’s on me honestly.
- This is a first offence for something that’s honestly pretty minor in terms of actual rules broken on the server. One week for a first time offender for LRP.
- I asked multiple times for evidence of previous offences and got zero answer. No examples to build off, and I remember Ansome saying “Y’know Atlas, you can read the RP guidelines we have.”
“Maybe look around, see how other people act.” To him, sure, this seems valid. To me, though, here’s the thing: I don’t work this way. Saying “oh you’re getting in trouble for a vaguely defined thing? haha just read this thing and look how other people avoid this thing and you’ll be fine!!!”. I need examples or my ape brain refuses to work. Plus, I looked at these RP guidelines. This? Doesn’t apply to anything that I could have done to get into this situation, barring one incident which could be classed as rule 9.
- The only note I do have is, and I quote: “2021-01-15 22:57:12 | nsv13 | Sergei Koralev General LRP shittery warning. Give them a week ban next time you have to do something to them regarding LRP.” This gives me zero frame of reference for anything whatsoever other than “don’t mess up in this pretty easy to mess up way or byebye!!!”. This is not helpful at all.
So, in all honesty, I want my ban reduced either to the original 7 days or to some smaller amount and the mirroring done on the discord removed (dont remove my damn meme channel perms either). The hostility, yeah that’s fair, but the actual, in-game broken rule-ness? In my eyes, absolute bullshit considering the factors both surrounding it and leading up to it. I only act the way I do in discord due to many compounded reasons, both external and internal. (i.e problems with me/problems in the discord/people/etc.) In a best case scenario, I want to be put back before where I was today on a final warning, but given access to prior invisible notes so I have a frame of reference.. In a worst, this gets denied. Somewhere in between, I get to see the invisible notes, use the discord and am back to a week ban. I’d like the best case scenario, I’m expecting the worst case scenario but I’d be willing to compromise for the one in-between.
P.S: if Ansome reads this, which he probably will, just know that the way that you act towards me and others isn’t going to straighten me out, especially pinging me to tell me to “cut it out”, it’s just gonna make me want to break the rules more. Tone down the smugness and passive-aggressiveness and I, and potentially a few others, will probably behave a hell of a lot nicer to you and by extension other members because , no offense intended, you can be insufferable at times. (as can i but i’m working on that sorta i swear)
(also little tiny note dont expect an instant reply as at the time of writing this it is 1:36 AM and i’m gonna sleep for a damn long while)