BYOND KEY: mayhemsailor
DISCORD ID: Mayhem2.0 #1819
USUAL IC HANDLE: Alex Minsky
EXPERIENCE WITH SS13: Varied, since 2011ish. Current Ckey is circa 2013
EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13: Primary Admin, Yogs
YOUR TIME-ZONE: US Pacific
AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK: Depends
YOUR MOTIVATION: I do maps, and I was not included on the staff list! :REE:
# Why do you think we should accept you over other applicants?
What other applicants?
# Why do you think you are qualified? 
I understand how the game functions and the mechanics behind them.
# Why should we trust you?
Should you?
# WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER:
Basically I am going to be around doing the observing thing, when it comes to testing the maps.
# QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER:
Understand that the round is for the players, not the administrators.
#1 When is it okay to Adminbus?
To facilitate the round in progress, to correct an issue in an "in character fashion", and during special planned events.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?
They are the opposite of the crew, our protagonists. They provide the spice to the spess life. They should have the freedom to maneuver to accomplish their objectives without objectively ruining the round for other players.

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?
Depends. Normally it is time to call another admin in to adjudicate the situation.

#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?
That is open to interpretation, but I would say it is when it is causing an unfair advantage for the purposes of answering this question.

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?
Staff is to facilitate the players, referee disputes, and the fountain of all that is bus.
2 Likes

Is this actually a serious application? I could literally just talk with leads about adding you in as map reviewer.

Agreed as above. You don’t really need admin just to keep an eye on your map for a testing period, We’re perfectly fine with granting you a temporary role for the duration of any test involving it.

I tend to observe more than I play regardless. And its PST, which stretches into most of the Pacific as far as coverage goes.

Time to establish Minsky administration corps

+1

1 Like

Overall seems decent, and you’ve demonstrated knowledge of local mechanics a good few times recently
+1

Reason is a bit of a concern, but if you’re sure I think we can go for candidate.

Accepted for trial admin status