Athena413 - Admin Application

BYOND KEY: Athena413
DISCORD ID: athena#5690
USUAL IC HANDLE: Persephone Halsey | SUPER.Intendant (rarely)
EXPERIENCE WITH SS13: 800hrs+ on Yogstation, 46h living 14h ghost on NSV
EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13: at least 100+ hours worth of experience over around 3-4 months. 8+ months worth of experience as mentor. both Yogstation
YOUR TIME-ZONE: Central Standard/Daylight Time
AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK: 10 or so every weekend
YOUR MOTIVATION: to use :garfieldsmoking: in the admin channels

in all seriousness, i honestly never knew my motivation for adminning. i think i just find it fun to do?

Why do you think we should accept you over other applicants? Why do you think you are qualified? Why should we trust you?

i think despite my low hour count on this server specifically, i have enough overall ss13 experience to still be a decent admin regardless. also, no notes or bans on NSV - less than 10 notes on yogs and no bans on *any server*. (i can pull my notes from yogs if asked)

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER: its kind of an obligation for me when it comes to servers that i enjoy, and i do find adminning to be somewhat chill and fun occasionally
QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER: i think simply "don't be a shithead" is the most important factor when it comes to staff members - it sucks a whole lot to deal with asshole staff, generates controversy (never good) and makes the server worse overall because of it. so yeah, just "don't be a shithead

Please answer the following questions:
They don’t necessarily have correct answers, please answer as truthfully as you can.

#1 When is it okay to Adminbus? 
overall i think adminbus is fine as long as everybody affected by it is funny or it makes the round more interesting for the players. also, if it fucks up the round or the flow of the round for one or more of the players, DON'T DO IT.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?
the purpose of antagonists exists to make ss13 into the unique gameplay experience that it is, NSV included. they should be given freedom to make the round more interesting for the crew - but the line should be drawn when it comes to screwing people over who don't deserve it (whether it be via murderbone or other forms of grief)

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?
i think this depends on the scenario - i don't think i can accurately say anything other than "it depends on the exact scenario"

#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?
a LOT of things but notably inaction - knowing that something fucky is going on, but refusing to act on it. this always sucks, and i've seen this way too frequently both inside ss13 and on servers for other games. hell, even the real world

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?
staff exists to make ss13 as interesting as it is, because there's ALWAYS going to be That Guy who has to either A:"win" the round, or B:kill everyone and ruin their fun. without admins you would have to basically lobotomize all of the soul and fun of the game, in order to keep it playable.

if y’all have any further questions, dm me

aaaawubadugh

So far so good, though can you reformat this for me? I’m not keen on using the scrollbar left and right to read your responses over. Additionally, can you elaborate more on your answers? Specifically about staff member qualities and what you would do if you are accused of abusing your power, though elaboration on your answers in general is appreciated. I’m after as much detail as possible so I can make the most well informed decision, however as is you’re doing fine thus far.

REPOST WITH “BETTER” FORMATTING:

BYOND KEY: Athena413

DISCORD ID: athena#5690

USUAL IC HANDLE: Persephone Halsey | SUPER.Intendant (rarely)

EXPERIENCE WITH SS13: 800hrs+ on Yogstation, 46h living 14h ghost on NSV

EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13: at least 100+ hours worth of experience over around 3-4 months. 8+ months worth of experience as mentor. both Yogstation

YOUR TIME-ZONE: Central Standard/Daylight Time
AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK: 10 or so every weekend

YOUR MOTIVATION: i honestly never knew my motivation for adminning. i think i just find it fun to do?

Why do you think we should accept you over other applicants? Why do you think you are qualified? Why should we trust you?

i think despite my low hour count on this server specifically, i have enough overall ss13 experience to still be a decent admin regardless. also, no notes or bans on NSV - less than 10 notes on yogs and no bans on any server. (i can pull my notes from yogs if asked)

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER: its kind of an obligation for me when it comes to servers that i enjoy, and i do find adminning to be somewhat chill and fun occasionally

QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER: i think simply “don’t be a shithead” is the most important factor when it comes to staff members - it sucks a whole lot to deal with asshole staff, generates controversy (never good) and makes the server worse overall because of it. so yeah, just "don’t be a shithead

Please answer the following questions:
They don’t necessarily have correct answers, please answer as truthfully as you can.

#1 When is it okay to Adminbus?
overall i think adminbus is fine as long as everybody affected by it is funny or it makes the round more interesting for the players. also, if it fucks up the round or the flow of the round for one or more of the players, DON’T DO IT.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?
the purpose of antagonists exists to make ss13 into the unique gameplay experience that it is, NSV included. they should be given freedom to make the round more interesting for the crew - but the line should be drawn when it comes to screwing people over who don’t deserve it (whether it be via murderbone or other forms of grief)

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?
i think this depends on the scenario - i don’t think i can accurately say anything other than “it depends on the exact scenario”

#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?
a LOT of things but notably inaction - knowing that something fucky is going on, but refusing to act on it. this always sucks, and i’ve seen this way too frequently both inside ss13 and on servers for other games. hell, even the real world

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?
staff exists to make ss13 as interesting as it is, because there’s ALWAYS going to be That Guy who has to either A:“win” the round, or B:kill everyone and ruin their fun. without admins you would have to basically lobotomize all of the soul and fun of the game, in order to keep it playable.

ADDITIONS & ELABORATIONS:

YOUR MOTIVATION/WHY YOU WANT TO BE STAFF: again, this has always been a hard one to pin down even for myself. i just find myself wanting to contribute to a game after i’ve played it long enough, generally in the form of development but also as an admin in some cases. i’ve never been able to figure out a reason for this, but i do find development and adminning enjoyable.

WHY SHOULD WE TRUST YOU: i’m confident in my knowledge and ability to follow server rules, for just about any server. i’ve accrued less notes over the span of my playtime than bans for other players - and i think this translates nicely to adminning

WHEN IS IT OK TO BUS: not much to elaborate on here, if i’m being honest. again, don’t screw people’s rounds, don’t do it if it isn’t funny or interesting.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF ANTAGONISTS: i have nothing extra to add here.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ACCUSED OF ABUSE OF POWER: this is a hard question - there have been times where i know i’ve overstepped a bit as well as times where i’ve been told off for overstepping in cases where i’m confident i was in the right (DM me for those stories), but i’ve not been accused of outright abuse. i’m sure i’ll be able to keep a level head in cases like these

WHAT DO YOU THINK QUALIFIES AS AN ABUSE OF POWER: I left Yogstation on terrible terms. Still, I don’t want to shit on them in a public admin application more than I have to. DM me for any answers.

QUALITIES THAT YOU THINK ARE IMPORTANT IN A STAFF MEMBER: there’s a couple here, so this is just gonna be a list instead of a formatted paragraph:

-knowing when to stop. working more hours adminning in space man game than you do your actual job is BAD.

-being nice. this comes back to “don’t be a shithead” but being friendly to talk to does help a lot

that’s all i have for now

ezmostawzedizle

After discussing with the headmins, we’ve concluded that you would not be a good fit for the admin team at this time. We appreciate your application and would love to have you apply again in the future with more hours on NSV13. Thank you for your interest!