Bamhalazam's mentor application ///DENIED///

CKEY:bamhalazam
Discord Name: Bamhalazam #1477
Wiki User: None (YET)

Living Playtime (OOC: View Tracked Playtime): 80 hours alive, 8 dead. 88 total.

Experience with NSV mechanics: I’ve been playing for three months and I’d say that I have experienced most, mastered some and know of the rest.

Why do you want to be a mentor: I have been a lost player once myself. I didn’t know what to do, where to go, where what was and even what the hell was happening. Mentors helped me with that, told me all the info that I wanted to know and more. I want to become a mentor aswell, as I am seeing new players such as myself three months ago appear in NSV13 looking for some fun and help.

#1 Detail how you start a fighter and take off: Before even entering a fighter, find your local flight lead, MAA or fellow pilot and ask him to tell you where the flight suits are. They protect you from pressure, take a suit, put it on and also don’t forget internals. Once done, click on a fighter to get into it. You will see a control panel and DRADIS, DRADIS is basically your minimap, you can close it for now. Steps to igniting the engine are:
—1: Toggle the FUEL INJECTOR on. It should become green.
—2: Toggle battery on.
—3: Toggle APU on.
—4: Wait until the RPM knob maxes out, proceed to next step after done.
—5: Ignite the engine. Go ZOOOM.
PM me if you need a rundown of controls

#2 What parts does one need to start constructing a torpedo?: Some metal sheets for the casing (can be ordered from cargo), any of the six different warheads, a guidance system, a coil of wire, a toolbelt, a IFF card. Use the metal in hand to construct the casing, then inspecting it should give you the steps to build it.

#3 What is a good entry role for those new to NSV?: I’d advise munitions technician. It takes a new spin on SS13 by introducing a new role and department compared to the normal SS13 experience.

#4 What is a good entry role for those new to SS13?: Assistant, hands down. You have freedom to be yourself, you have no responsibilities and you have maintenance access which is good for exploring and memorizing the places around the ship. First time exploring is always the best!

#5 Is an XO supposed to just act like a HoP?: I don’t think so. A XO should be the captain’s right hand man, the trusted figure, the queen near the king. Basically, I think the XO should do his best to micromanage the ship under captain’s directives and help him make the operation go well. He might also need to take over captain’s reins if one is absent in addition to his own HoP role of assigning squads and IDs.

#6 What is the difference between a Railgun and a Mac cannon?: The railgun can be fired in a 360 arc by the mothership’s gunner, the MAC can be fired only where the ship is pointed by the mothership’s pilot.

#7 What is the difference between flying a regular fighter and flying the main ship?: The fighter is more nimble, has a faster top speed and also has a reaction control system only on the light fighter that allows you to move sideways. It has considerably less armor than the main ship and has less firepower meaning that you have to avoid certain ships to avoid death. Speaking of death, if you die outside of the mothership’s Z-level, you perish forever.

#8 How do you exit an AI shell?: Afraid to say, I do not know. I have never played the AI role in my time as I avoid it like fire. You might want to ask someone else or try looking top right for the AI panel, using the resist verb, looking top left for any buttons that may help, or if you have cyborg/AI controls below your character, you can try snapping your camera back to the core.

#9 Detail a stormdrive setup for beginners:The wiki can explain it better, you can find it here. https://nsv.beestation13.com/wiki/Guide_to_the_Stormdrive_Engine First, you should assemble the particle accelerator. To do that: use the wrench, cable coil and screwdriver on each of the parts of the particle accelerator. If you knock a part out of alignment, you can always rotate it back using alt+click on the part. After you get a message saying you have successfully installed the panel for every single part, move over to the blue console which you have assembled. Click refresh to register all the other parts you assembled. Move over to the green console. Enable maintenance mode. Next up, find the control rods in a box. Pick them up and carry them over to the storm drive. Put five rods in. Walk over to atmos, it can be accessed by walking through the hangar to the left of the stormdrive. Turn on the plasma constrictors. If you are familiar with atmos, get a mix of 1/3 constricted plasma, 1/3 oxygen and 1/3 nitrogen into the stormdrive. Walk back to engineering, find the brown and purple line and turn all the pumps in and out of the stormdrive on. the particle accelerator, open the control rod panel, disable maintenance mode. Click on cold start. Open the blue panel and select particle count 2. Wait until the reactor starts heating up. Once heated enough to your discretion, play around with the control rods, get the hang of rate of reaction and temperature.

#10 Detail the steps to take if the Stormdrive is close to melting down: Enable AZ-6 SCRAM on the green console (or just insert the fuel rods more if not severe), if inserting control rods didn’t work, initiate fuel dump. Close the line that is feeding fuel into the reactor. Wear a radiation suit.

#11 What is your favorite color?: Regal Red

After much discussion within the mentor team, we’ve decided that you are unfortunately not fit to join. We’d advise acquiring more hours on NSV13 and familiarizing yourself with our mechanics. Notably, you should be able to explain most mechanics on-par or better than the wiki can.