Bastian0930 mentor application ///APPROVED///

CKEY:Bastian0930
Discord Name:Bass#7050
Wiki User: None. Only a wiki user on bee.
Living Playtime (OOC: View Tracked Playtime):63 on nsv, 1250 on beestation.
Experience with NSV mechanics: I exclusively play MT, Fighter Pilot, and miner on here. Tried engineering on a private server, and BARELY saved it.
Why do you want to be a mentor: Figured I could be of help with my hours on bee, as it’s similar. I also enjoy NSV, so I get the best of both worlds.
#1 Detail how you start a fighter and take off
So, from left to right. Turn on the first knob, then the second one, then the third one. Skip the forth for now, and turn on the 5th. Turn on the forth one for a few seconds, then turn off the 5th. Your engine should “burst in to life”.
#2 What parts does one need to start constructing a torpedo?: You need a guidance system, a IFF card, a payload, a propulsion, and some metal to make a torpedo casing.
#3 What is a good entry role for those new to NSV?: Munitions technician. My reasoning is it’s significantly less risky then fighter pilot and engineering, while also giving you the ability to learn what’s happening around the station (like general quarters)
#4 What is a good entry role for those new to SS13?: Cargo tech. You aren’t a assistant, so you don’t get lumped in with greytide. However, you do get to walk around the station and learn the way of the land. Janitor might be a good one, too.
#5 Is an XO supposed to just act like a HoP?: Nooot exactly. In addition to doing hop duty, he’s gotta manage squads and occasionally take control of the bridge.
#6 What is the difference between a Railgun and a Mac cannon? Railgun is a burst. A mac cannon is one STRONG shot.
#7 What is the difference between flying a regular fighter and flying the main ship? A regular fighter has its guns, controls, and dradis on one console. A main ship has them split apart and requires multiple people to do each task.
#8 How do you exit an AI shell? Should be a button in the top left to exit it.
#9 Detail a stormdrive setup for beginners I do not have enough experience in engineering to detail one without the chance of making the player fail. I can only offer the wiki page, unfortunately.
#10 Detail the steps to take if the Stormdrive is close to melting down I do know this one! Scram the reactor, dump the fuel, pump in something to stop the reaction such as Co2.
#11 What is your favorite color? That’s classified. Nanotrasen secrets.

I pretty much just need to learn engineering a bit better, and I’ll be able to help with almost any problem on the station. I know ALL of bee’s powersources, but not nsv.

1 Like

i dunno man, the answer for #11 is making me kinda sus

1 Like

Alright, alright, it’s syndicate secrets. What can I say, I’m a international terrorist.

1 Like

Alright, the application seems okay, I’m going to give you a example mentor help, can you tell me how you’d go about answering it:
“Why can’t I shoot the weapons?”

1 Like

Very interesting application, could you elaborate more on your experience on Beestation? It’s to my understanding you were staff at one point?

1 Like

Mhm! I was staff for about a year. I resigned after becoming bored with staff, and also feeling terrible about getting one strike. And for @DrSirKnight, first ask them if they are in a fighter or a main ship. If they are in a fighter, tell them they might have the safeties on and to check chat to see if that’s so. If it’s the main ship, I’ll tell them they need to use the weapons console to shoot the guns. Also to make sure the guns are loaded, too.

How to change water temperature in shower?

Sorry I posted late, I’m out of town currently.

Wrench the shower, iirc. If that’s not it, its a screwdriver.

Warming up complete

Now harder

I got no fuel and no tools, how do I break reinforced window?

Three easy ways to swap hands

My rig don’t fixes with welder, what do I do?

How to remove accessories from uniform?

Fastest way to clean up whole body from chemicals?

I have cola and wire, why I can’t craft IED? (Or EID, doesn’t matter)

How can I craft spear?

1. For number one, I’m assuming you are in a hall. You can always just… hit it a bunch with like a plant. I’m also assuming it’s not electrified. Just a normal ass reinforced window.
  2. For number two, you can press x on hotkey mode, click the hand you want to swap to, or press ctrl x to swap on any mode.
  3. For number 3, I need more info. Do you mean like, a mech? I’m a little unsure what you are asking.
  4. For number 4, alt click the uniform.
  5. For number 5, depends on where you are and the access you have. Are you a assistant with no tools who’s in the middle of arrivals? Head into maint, open a rad kit, and CHUG charcoal. By medbay? Get a toxin kit, and inject calomel. The calomel is MUCH MUCH faster then charcoal, and you should prefer to head to medbay and grab that if you are anywhere near medbay.
  6. For number 6, you also need a beaker full of welding fuel and a igniter. A welding tank won’t do, you need a BEAKER which is full.
  7. For number 7, grab a cable coil with 15 cables in it, and make a cable restraint by interacting with it in hand. Then, get a shard by breaking a window. Lastly, get a iron sheet and turn it into a iron rod. Drop the materials on the ground in front of you, and head into the crafting menu. Click the craft button in weapons next to the spear, and wait a few seconds. Congratulations, you made a spear.

Hardsuit, my bad,20

I’m sorry, but I can’t answer that. I genuinely have never had to repair a hardsuit. In the best interest of learning, I looked up repairing a hardsuit. Apparently, in bay, you can do that. However, I have never seen this in nsv. Hopefully this does not reflect too badly. Apologies.

I dont think Nsv has this, but hardsuit, with a modules, could be repaired with welder or metal

We don’t have rigsuits, those are bay derived.

This application has dawdled on for long enough, I’m locking this pending the return and resolution of the headmentor.

@Ansome When you’re back, review this post-haste.

1 Like

I apologize for the incredibly long delay. As usual, we’ve given into the bad reputation we have on taking far too long on the application process, especially on my end. I got sidetracked by both personal and server matters and I sincerely apologize. Without further ado, however, I am accepting your application for the mentor team. You have plenty of experience, some gaps in the Stormdrive, but otherwise, you’d be a great asset to the team. I have to thank you for your patience and your humoring of @FIREiN92’s questions, you can safely disregard them as they aren’t apart of the mentor team.

Thanks for applying, the mentor team welcomes you.