Caecilius admin app: NSV edition - //NEPOTISM//

FORMAT

Take your time and make sure you answer all questions to the best of your ability.

Topic name should follow the format of:

• Admin Application
    Example,
    Francinum - Admin Application

BYOND KEY: WhyisCaeciliusTaken
DISCORD ID: SunTzuSaidThat#3754
USUAL IC HANDLE: Cindy Kate
EXPERIENCE WITH SS13: Since April 2019 (haha newfriend everyone laugh)
EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13: Current beestation headmin
YOUR TIME-ZONE: GMT
AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK: Whenever you have no admins on, we get ticket relays. Then.
YOUR MOTIVATION: To return the favour to NSV as their head staff have been helping out on bee with adminning.
Why do you think we should accept you over other applicants? Why do you think you are qualified?
Because I’m the headmin of your upstream.
Why should we trust you?
Because our servers literally share the same physical box and host. Abusing power here would get me booted off bee as well.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER:
To assist you with handling tickets, as your staff have assisted us in this regard and we should return the favour.
QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER:
Communication, patience, a team-oriented mindset and a desire to make the game fun for the playerbase.

#1 When is it okay to Adminbus?
Either in very minor fashions to minorly spice up the round, or as part of a large scale event within boundaries agreed upon by the other admins and the playerbase before the round starts. Adminbus should never directly benefit you personally as an administrator.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?
Antagonists exist to provide conflict and tension between the crew. They should always be allowed to complete their objectives (within reason), as well as do stuff that will reasonably help them do so (like killing and impersonating an engineer to get closer access to the CE office for the blueprints) but beyond that the situation becomes more vague. Actions antagonists perform should improve the round for more players than it screws over. For example, being silently murdered for no reason isn’t fun, but killing people and leaving cryptic clues at each crime scene for sec to trace is unique, fun and interesting… It adds tension for the crew and gives security a memorable manhunt.

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?
Listen to their complaints, explain my point of view and attempt to understand theirs, so as to learn from any mistakes I might have made and improve for next time. I would then direct them to the admin complaints subforum.

#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?
Any administrative action undertaken or not undertaken due to a like or dislike or a particular person, game mechanic or concept, as well as any use of powers for a self-serving motive.

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?
The purpose of a staff team is to keep the round fun for the majority within the agreed upon style of play (L/M/HRP) by removing people who are preventing everyone else from having fun, and by occasionally intervening in the round in small ways to help create a fun and memorable experience for players.

Approved.
Godspeed .