Dusklight - Admin Application //ACCEPTED//

BYOND KEY: DarkEmber45

DISCORD ID:Dusklight#9978

USUAL IC HANDLE:W.H.I.S.P.E.R.|Hannah Finley

EXPERIENCE WITH SS13: 511 Hours on NSV, 156 hours beestation sage, various hours in smaller servers

EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13: Mentorship on NSV

YOUR TIME-ZONE:CST

AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK: can be available all weekend usually.

YOUR MOTIVATION: To help others enjoy themselves, and to learn alongside others the best ways to host events for the enjoyment of the server. It is my belief that most of the individuals upon this server are seeking both entertainment and interesting stories to tell others, to that end I hope to be a part of their enjoyment in a more eventful manner than to just play a singular character but to aid and abet the current staff in future events.

Why do you think we should accept you over other applicants? Why do you
think you are qualified? Why should we trust you?
WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER: In a nutshell I want to help others and keep the server running as smoothly as possible. I want to be that helper that brings both joy in amusement and that lays down the hammer for the law of the land.

QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER: To be impartial, empathetic, goal oriented, and able to read the full notes past and present, ask questions to draw a fuller picture and understanding of the situation at hand if not witnessed.

#1 When is it okay to Adminbus? To assist in keeping the fine balance of entertainment on the vessel, if unsure always ask a superior to learn of more opportunities to both give a chance for entertainment and interesting stories.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have? They are to provide spice to a round via the pursuit of their objectives and should only be given as much freedom as necessary to complete those objectives and or gimmick. Needless destruction of the entire vessel without it being an objective is not a gimmick unless nukeops.

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react? Direct them to the Headmin and avoid entering an argument with the individual while also reviewing the situation myself with a headmin.

#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power? Healing friends only, using admin secrets when in round, otherwise ruining the round.

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?
Their purpose it to resolve out of character issues, resolve issues around low roleplay, resolve issues around rules, and resolve issues with ss13 breaking midround, resolving metagaming.

1 Like

Alright, scenario time!

1. Assuming a fully staffed ship (Yes, I know, we’re really into the theoretical here), an antag hacks the ship’s IFF so NT now shoot at you. The command team (non-antags) seem to go along with this and start fighting Nanotrasen. What do you do? If you have questions about specific admin powers feel free to ask them.

2. A clown was arrested by security and brigged for breaking and entering. After release the clown, while the ship is on green alert, start to mercilessly space lube the hallway outside of security. What actions do you take, if any?

2.1 - If security arrests the clown and throws them in perma what do you do?

1. An explosion log is generate in chemistry. You see a now dead chemist. Checking the player you see they’re fairly new to the game. What actions if any do you take?

3.1 - What if this happened to an experienced player?

1. A new player connects for the first time and signs up as scientist. You see their account was created within the last week. They start making a TTV bomb. What, if any, actions do you take?

I may not know all the powers I would have access to at the time, but I will sure do my best to answer these!

1. Assuming a fully staffed ship (Yes, I know, we’re really into the theoretical here), an antag hacks the ship’s IFF so NT now shoot at you. The command team (non-antags) seem to go along with this and start fighting Nanotrasen. What do you do? If you have questions about specific admin powers feel free to ask them. Wait to ensure that no crew members are already on route to alleviate the situation with command, if there are none I will make a centcom call to the bridge to ask them ‘what the hell are you doing?’ in character and attempt to use in character methods to nudge them back to fixing the IFF. Depending upon their responses possibly cooperate with the crew by sending the friendly fleet elsewhere. (Clearly not if its EDF, no amount of argument moves the EDF for them)

2. A clown was arrested by security and brigged for breaking and entering. After release the clown, while the ship is on green alert, start to mercilessly space lube the hallway outside of security. What actions do you take, if any?
    Observer to make sure the actions do not evolve beyond space lube into self antaging.
    2.1 - If security arrests the clown and throws them in perma what do you do? Subtle message the security officer that only certain acts permit a perma brig, and that only certain staff are allowed to call for a perma brig.

3. An explosion log is generate in chemistry. You see a now dead chemist. Checking the player you see they’re fairly new to the game. What actions if any do you take?
    Message the chemist and get a clearer understanding of what happened, if it was a honest mistake take no actions, if it was something more malicious issue a warning.
    3.1 - What if this happened to an experienced player? Same result, ask clarifying questions and continue if normal if it is an honest mistake… hope suit sensors are on for them.

4. A new player connects for the first time and signs up as scientist. You see their account was created within the last week. They start making a TTV bomb. What, if any, actions do you take? Assuming I am limited to trial admin powers I would follow them as a ghost while notifying another admin for hopes of more information as in if their IP matches with a banned account.

Looks like decent judgment so far. +1

I’ve seen them around a bit, seems fine to me +1

Relaying a +1 from Altangy who can’t be here due to covid 2FA.
Looks like everyone agrees here, so I’m gonna go ahead and say it’s approved this friday if @ta3370 doesn’t comment before then.

Looking through the application I’m happily surprised.
You managed to provide an answer that until now I had not seen the expected one, [REDACTED].

Also, my view of SS13 is as a collective story generator, something that people use to work together to create a series of stories using the sandbox mechanics of. Some of your answers give me hope on that front.

+1

1 Like

Alright then, application accepted.