Flo Hacksmith's mentor application ///DENIED///

CKEY: Flo Hacksmith
Discord Name: Florb
Wiki User: Florb
Living Playtime (OOC: View Tracked Playtime): 76h
Experience with NSV mechanics: I played most Roles though i was most of the time in engineering, though some stuff carries over from other servers
Why do you want to be a mentor: I mostly wanna help out people in engineering and share what I know about engie

Please answer the following questions:
Some of them don’t necessarily have correct answers.

#1 Detail how you start a fighter and take off
get in the fighter, toggle battery and fuel injector, wait until the RPM is at max, ignite, wait for atc(ask for it if unclear) to launch you

#2 What parts does one need to start constructing a torpedo?:
I’ll be honest I simply examine the parts 'em, as it also tells you the tools so i have to copy this from the wiki real quick:
Get a casing, either made from metal or ordered from cargo.
Add the propulsion system.
Wrench the propulsion into place.
Add the guidance system.
Screwdriver the guidance system in place.
Add the IFF card.
Screwdriver the card in place.
Add the warhead.
Wrench the warhead in place.
Wire it.
Wrench once more.
Weld it all together.

#3 What is a good entry role for those new to NSV?:
Muni Tech, Cargo, Pilot, Chef, later medic, engie, scientist

#4 What is a good entry role for those new to SS13?:
Botanist, Cargo, Chef to learn basics, later science medical and Engineering to learn different Mechanics of the game

#5 Is an XO supposed to just act like a HoP?:
he still has to manage IDs, though he also has to manage Squads and keep the civilian Departments running (Hydroponics, Kitchen, Jannie,Cargo to a degree since there is a QM )
He’s also the next in line if the Captain is Out of Action

#6 What is the difference between a Railgun and a Mac cannon?
Railgun has a magazine, Mac is one big boom

#7 What is the difference between flying a regular fighter and flying the main ship?
The main ship is where the crew etc. are, it’s(usually) piloted by a bridge officer on the bridge, while a fighter is staffed and controlled by a single pilot.

#8 How do you exit an AI shell?
phew I need to test that real quick, but I’m pretty sure there is a button in the ai panel to the top right

#9 Detail a stormdrive setup for beginners
wrench, wire screw the pa together till it recognizes all parts
activate the constrictors for the plasma get a mix from the dedicated mixline to the sd going (wiki says cplasma, n2 and oxygen in equal parts
set the appropriate input pressure as overpressure destabilizes the sd.
set sd in maint mode in the console
input the rods
take out maint mode
fire up pa and make it stable
get failsafe stuff in place:
upgrade output (personal favorite: freezer, injector to space)
get co2

#10 Detail the steps to take if the Stormdrive is close to melting down
there are multiple scenarios, but i assume this is the one where it simply gets too hot:
100% the rods, scrub fuel out, put in co2/(Hypernob if present), n2 or water will do in a hitch too as they decrease the rate of reaction and provide cooling from the rods

#11 What is your favorite color?
That red glow of the sm

Denied, after much consideration within the mentor team we’ve decided that you would not be a proper fit for the mentor team at this time. Specifically, we would like your ability to explain engineering topics to be improved, I suggest teaching some newer engineers the ropes and then applying again as you are still a promising candidate. Regardless, thank you for applying!