Jmana's Admin application //CLOSED//

BYOND KEY: jmana74

DISCORD ID: Jmana#6780

USUAL IC HANDLE: Jmana

EXPERIENCE WITH SS13: Playing consistently since 2019. Joined NSV January
2020. Became lore-coordinator in 2021

EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13: None.

YOUR TIME-ZONE:
PST.

AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK:

Through the week? Maybe something like 20 hours. Weekends? Im almost never doing things,

YOUR MOTIVATION:

My motivation for becoming an admin is to enhance the quality of rounds with in-cannon lore, facilitate an environment for quality roleplay, and maintain the quality of the server and players by handling administration tickets.

Why do you think we should accept you over other applicants? Why do you think you are qualified? Why should we trust you?:

All in all, I want to pump life and high concepts into NSV. Initially, that came down to me playing believable and developed characters as a player, then It turned into writing lore so that others may create interesting, developed and believable characters. Now, I am at the stage where I’m starting to find that you can do a lot of good as an admin to create a that same kind of “suspension of disbelif” and that’s something I’d like to try out.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER:

(I am already a staff member)
I wish to make a positive contribution to the community of NSV, in ways that I cannot already do as a player and lore-writer.

QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER:

-Consistency
-Temperance
-Faith in the Community
-Thick Skin
-Knowledge and awareness of personal bias

#1 When is it okay to Adminbus?

It’s generally alright to adminbus in pretty much any way that does not affect the balance of a round, or break the suspension of disbelief. A-bussing as a character, such as an admiral or another diplomatic envoy is a good example of this.

Adminbus becomes more tricky when you attempt to alter the balance of an active round. Things such as spawning enemies, creating lore-based objectives, spawning fleets and controlling enemy units, may be a fun and interesting way to make a unique round, however, this could also cause unintended side effects, such as overpowering/underpowering the crew, breaking the suspension of disbelief, or slowing down/crashing the server.

Overall, when it comes to Adminbus, less is more. If you plan to do something drastic, do not do it alone and do not do it without telling anyone.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?

The Point of an antagonist is to add variation and challenge to a round. A antagonist should be something that the crew has to work together to defeat, It should be strong enough that it can’t be defeated by one person, but weak enough that it won’t overpower the crew or consider direct and open conflict to be a reasonable option.

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?

Ask an Uninvolved but informed 3rd Party, that isn’t underneath my authority to look over the situation. If they determine that my actions were abuseful, I would recognize the mistake and how it affected others, apologize, and stride learn from it. People make mistakes, and admins are people too, however, that’s not an excuse to be reckless. If what you are doing is not in good faith, then it should not be done under any circumstance.

#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?

An abuse of power is defined as someone using their position of authority to oppress others in an inferior position, to induce them to break rules, or as a smokescreen for themselves to break rules. An abuse of power is generally done in bad faith, and can either be targeted at individuals, or against a collective. An abuse of power could also be done in good faith, however, this could be defined as more accidental than intentional.

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?

The role of a staff member is:
-To Cultivate a Quality Community
-To manage and maintain the server in its operations
-To be a positive advocate and representative of the Project
-To be regularly active (however, the volume of said activity is, and should be at the staff member’s discretion.)

@Jmana this is the wrong category bro

H o w

did this happen.