LauwmaLescoute Admin Application //DENIED//

BYOND KEY: LauwmaLescoute
DISCORD ID: Lauwma Lescoute#8429
USUAL IC HANDLE: David Solidus
EXPERIENCE WITH SS13: 1000+ hours on /tg base LRP MRP HRP; 100+ baycode HRP; 116h on NSV13 (Muni and Captain)
EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13: None, 0, Nada but willing to learn
YOUR TIME-ZONE: UTC+2 :baguette_bread:
AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK: Depends if I have week end shifts but usually 6-10 hours
YOUR MOTIVATION:
After years of knowing NSV13, coming, taking breaks, coming back, and living the normal cycle of the ss13 experience, I came up with the realization that NSV13 is what I think ss13 should always has been on a mechanical and roleplay standpoint. The issue is the lack of means, mostly human means, so I decided to stand for the server I love it and help grow the community.
I also wanted to get to admining because I have a creative mind, I’d love to make events or give ideas for events, create persistent stories that goes through multiple rounds.
I think I’m really humane and dealing with conflicts, finding compromise is something I do for regularly in my life.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER:
I want to be a staff member because I believe NSV13 could use my help to grow and sustain the community and relieve some burdens on the little admins we have on the server. With more admins to share the weight it means more admins can take breaks and play as a regular player to enjoy the server they’ve been contributing for.

QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER:
I think a staff member needs to be objective and free from personnal judgements.
I think a staff member should be empathetic, caring and fair to everyone.
I think a staff member should be honest and transparent in their actions.
And most importantly I think a staff member should be humble and able to take criticism and reflect on themselves

#1 When is it okay to Adminbus?
For me adminbus is a direct admin intervention in a round. I think there’s two types of adminbus.
The first one, the event adminbus, is okay as long as it is done in the interest of the players by making them live a narrative. Though, it shouldn’t make them feel like they have no influence or no leeway in their actions.
The second one is the admining adminbus and I think it’s okay when someone broke the rules of the server and inflicted too much damage. For example if a non antag was murderboning everyone I would turn them into bread and revive the persons that got killed so the round doesn’t lose too much pace. Adminbus can also be okay when bug happened.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?

On NSV13 I believe antagonists are not the meat of the server. Though, I do believe they can give an incredible nuance to the server’s gameplay because it makes so the only threat is not only the ship vs ship and you have to care about security inside the ship. I believe that antagonists should have the freedom to create interesting the narratives but it shouldn’t be the main event of the round. In fact, unless they are ending threats I don’t think they should be the reason the round ends.

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?

If I was accused of abusing my power or being unfair I would first respect the person’s opinion and listen to it. I would then ask them questions in order to fully understand why they feel that I’ve been unfair to them. Then, I’ll try to give my point of view of the event, the reasoning behind my actions and finally a discussion on a compromise can start. I believe that there’s always something to learn from criticism.

#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?

An abuse of power is simply using a power coming with a responsibility in order to benefit yourself or cause harm to someone. I also believe an abuse of power is going to far with actions even if the intent is lawful.

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?

I think the staff has multiple purposes but the main one is represent and help grow the community.
They are managing uncivil disputes between community members. They are managing the rounds and enforcing the rules of the server. They can host events and animate the game.
Even though they have responsabilities they shouldn’t act like they’re superior on regular players, they should act like what they’d like the community to be, be it a family or a respectful place to have fun.

Thank you for reading my application

This is just to update the applicant that we are still discussing the application, We would however like to ask that you continue to play in the meantime. Thank you for your time!

Thank you for the update ! Don’t worry you have all the time of the world for my interest in the server is still growing with time. I will sure still enjoy the game while I still can before I’ll become a ghost main ahah.

Through most discussion, common consensus has rather consistently been kind of lackluster, at the beginning ranging from “Do they play?” to “I’ve played one maybe two rounds with them and haven’t really seen anything”. And overall it’s only slightly changed so far. Overall it feels as though it’s a matter of returning player from a long time ago. So my current suggestion would be to wait a while and perhaps once you have some (more recent) time, give mentor a go for a while.

As for now, sadly the application is DENIED as I’ve not particularly gotten any direct feedback for this go-around.