Little game suggestion? Place your demand in here. Tacos not provided

Use this thread to either suggest or link to PRs that add minor additions from other codebases

Users are able to personally unpin topics

Autopsy!
So, back on Para, we had a mortician profession. Their job? Whaddya think. They used a scanner to scan dead personnel, which would give a vague overview of what damage they took over the round- say, they received a slight/moderate/severe amount of damage from EVA? It’d either give a vague or exact origin of what hurt them (see: EVA)

I really want to see it added because a lot of murder scenes, I feel, can be further analyzed with autopsies, and not just scanning the area, hoping against hope that the perp left prints, blood, fibers, etc. Instead of a vague ‘severely bruised’ ‘slightly burnt’, you can pinpoint almost exactly what caused it and such. Plus, it enables you to disregard any after-murder damage. Say there’s 100 toxin damage and 100 brute damage? You scan them, you find out at the time of death, the most extreme damage was toxins. So, you figure out they were poisoned, not beaten to death. Plus, you can analyze husked corpses much easier- actually, the ability to scan husked corpses, I feel, would be sort of based. So, as long as the corpse is not husked, you can figure out how the cadaver died.

This also encourages Medical working with Security, as usually, there’s a Brig Phys that just heals every prisoner thrown into the Brig, makes a medbay out of their office, and becomes sad because there are never any prisoners except EoCs.

Make more arrests dammit.

P.S. In case anyone is blind, this is from Paradise. I loved this system.

1 Like

Faxes!
Right, got sent back here to nag you until its added. You know what it does, sends faxes to CC so every round there’s an incompetent Captain I don’t have to mutiny or arrest them every. Single. Time. In addition, every time I arrest the captain, I have to send a report, right? This means using the Cap’s ID to access the console, and not my own. Pretty sure there’s SOP or Spess Law against that?

Point is, a fax machine for every head! We really need a way to contact CC without the supervision of a potentially incompetent Captain. And of course, if somebody wants to abuse them, smite them, berate them IC, whatever, announce that they’re being added, set guidelines for them, the like.

Oh also this would promote paperwork.

P.S. I know this is a general thing most servers have but. Just to clarify. Paradise fax machines. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Just stop arresting the Captain.

Stop being worthy of arrest.

3 Likes

I think a private shuttle for crewmembers would be cool, maybe just a raptor that doesn’t look like a space pickup and that can’t haul cargo

This is a good idea but at the same time I am uncertain if its feasible for us as that system exists from baystation and their code is rather incompatible.
It would take a lot of effort to essentially make the system to a adequate degree than a half baked one. For the roleplay standpoint and partial plans that exist we would likely love to have it but at this time we may not have the ability to do it.

Add
AWESOME IDEAS topic that will handle ideas like this:
New jobs!
Mouse captain - can gib others mouse and have power to other mouses
Mouse heads- highest slaves of captain
Mouse security can bite humans
Mouse medic heals when bites
Mouse scientist can improve and build mechs for mouses
Mouses engineers can function as wirecutters when biting
Mouses syndicate can kill others

1 Like

mouse fetishist above

1 Like

Add warrant projectors to security,
which the Warden could use to give out warrants against crew members, allowing security officers to then access the areas/department of said crew member.

1 Like

Posted here by accident!

make it so ethereals don’t cringe when eating mice/other bad food if they already can’t taste literally anything else

Give the Warden CQC.
In a world of free sec officer books, awful stun weapons and impotent Krav Maga, the Warden could really use some CQC skills.
I mean, come on, the man/woman/moth is expected to defend the armory and handle prisoners on the rare, once in a full moon, event that the officers dont murder them.

So yeah.
If you really want to balance it, you could limit it to the brig, ala Chef.

TL:DR
Warden CQC, or buff/overhaul Krav Maga.

football…

Janiborg desperately needs a welder to fix hurt plating so you can tile them

1 Like

Ethereals can chomp on plasma bars(not ore, that stuff is raw)
They metabolize plasma dust into liquid electricity like how other races metabolize sugar into nutriment
Perhaps they get a drink to go with this, but that may be going too far for little suggestions

Felinids are immune to carpotoxin and instead metabolize it into vitamins

This is cause they are cats and carpotoxin comes from fish, so it makes sense cause cats like fish

As a side effect this makes koibeans are now edible for felinids

I wish I could zoom out further.