Mentor application - Kenionatus //ACCEPTED//

CKEY: Kenionatus
Discord Name: Kenionatus
Wiki User: Kenionatus
Living Playtime (OOC: View Tracked Playtime): 500h
Experience with NSV mechanics: Played almost all roles at least some time (except RD). I primarily play captain and am therefore exposed to most mechanics regularly (due to positions not being filled and having to do it myself) and often help people (due to hearing all comms, having an interest in crew knowing what they’re doing and liking teaching).
Why do you want to be a mentor: I like helping people and I would like to support NSV

#1 Detail how you start a fighter and take off:
Fuel fighter by clicking on fuel cart thingie then click on fighter. Load ammo by clicking on fighter with ammo in hand. Load missiles by click dragging missiles onto fighter. Get in fighter by clicking on it. Enable battery, apu and fuel injection. Wait untill RPM reaches 100%. Press ignition. Make sure breakes are off (by pressing alt and seeing if you’ve enabled or disabled them in the chat log). Use wasd to fly. If you accidentially get captured by a magcat, press the release button in the fighter menu or ask the AI (or rare ATC player) to launch you. You will enter the overmap when you reach the edge of the ship z-level.
#2 What do you need to do in order to properly load the Naval Artillery, and what do you need to use?:
Ask the person manning TAC what powder load they’d like. Get NAC shell (using crate click-drag or a munitions trolley). Apply multitool to shell. Click drag shell into loading gate. Get powder bag (with both hands empty). Apply powder bag to powder loading gate. Load all three loading gates this way. Click “feed” for all three gates on the console. If the gunner asked for more than three bags/125%, repeat powder loading until requested load achieved. Press the feed button. Repeat the whole process another time (without feeding) to be ready to feed once the first shell is shot. Also load three more bags into the gates without packing.
#3 What is a good entry role for those new to NSV?:
Munitios technician if there are other muni techs or an MAA, medical or science (since those don’t require NSV specific knowledge)
#4 What is a good entry role for those new to SS13?:
Janitor or midshipman, since nobody relies on them so they can take time to learn the controls and basic systems.
#5 What is the difference between an Executive Officer on NSV and a Head of Personnel in regular SS13?:
The Executive Officer is primarily there to assist the Captain and is second in command. They outrank everyone but the captain and can therefore give orders to everyone but the captain. This doesn’t mean that the XO should always use that priviledge, especially when dealing with department heads. They are also the primary person in charge of squads.
A HoP has more of an HR role and only gives orders to their own department or if they’re acting Captain.
#6 How do you heal and revive an IPC?:
Repeatedly apply welder on help intent to all limbs until brute damage is fixed. Repeatedly apply cable coil to all limbs until burn damage is fixed. The IPC will revive automatically once damage is low enough.
#7 What are the dos and don’ts upon finding your ship in superstructure critical?:
There are two tactics: Immediately disengaging to get the ship out of ss crit, ideally stressing the pumps while doing so. The other is to continue engaging, gambling that enough critical systems survive and only backing up to repair at the last minute or once the fight is won. Not deciding no either tactic and only partially engaging is generally a bad idea, since it hampers damage output while the ship never leaves ss crit. It’s also worth noting that jumping out is an option (as long as no Kardeshes are present), but it shouldn’t be done lightly since it causes explosion if the ship is in ss crit.
#8 How do you reset an AI’s laws if they have been changed by an Ion storm?:
Use the reset law board on an AI upload console. Both are found in the dedicated AI upload chamber, protected by turrets, which need to be deactivated (recquiring AI sat access). It is good practice to first ask the AI for its laws and talk to it. This can lead to rp and can prevent being attacked by the AI when entering the upload.
#9 Detail a stormdrive setup for beginners:
If someone would mhelp that I’d send and recommend them the wiki link and ask them whether they still want my help. The wiki has the advantage of pictures. If they still want my help: Direct them to atmos. Tell them which mixers are for the SD mix. Tell them to turn on the constrictors and pump to constrictors. Tell them to mix 1/3 constricted plasma, 1/3 N2O and 1/3 N2. Ask them whether they’d like more detailed instructions. Regurgitate the wiki to tell each mixer’s setup if I don’t know the ship’s mixer order by heart. Tell them to make sure injecting and output for the mixtank are activated. Direct them to the particle accelerator and tell them they need to wrench, wire and screwdriver each bit without bumping them. Tell them to turn on maintenance mode at the stromdrive control console and insert five rods. Tell them to turn off maintenance mode and set insertion to 10. Tell them to set the pump that feeds the fuel into the SD to 1200 kPa. Tell them to turn on the accelerator and turn it off once the reactor starts. Tell them to set the input pressure to 800kPa. They can now either leave the insertion at 10 or reduce it until the reactor almost melts down. :trollface:
#10 You’re an engineer and notice a massive drop in pressure in the AGCNR (nuclear reactor), what do you do?:
Make sure the coolant input pump is enabled, make sure there is cooland in the coolant input pipe and make sure the output pump is at 700kPa. Set K to zero if no coolant is in the input pipe and then investigate and fix the issue. Inject CO2 if it is going to melt down otherwise.
#11 Detail the steps to take if the Stormdrive is close to melting down:
Fully insert rods, inject CO2 into fuel line. Ideally make sure there is still adequate N2 in the fuel line.
#12 You don’t know the answer to a question in a mentorhelp, what do you do?:
First wait if any other mentors or admins take the ticket (if there are any online). If none does, check if the info is on the wiki and then relay that info to the asking person, noting that I don’t know it from experience and simply looked it up (both in case it’s outdated and to highlight to them that they could have looked it up by themselves).
#13 What is your favorite food?: Syndie brain

1 Like

This all looks good, however there seems to be a problem with your 13th question. It’s vital it’s stated and awnsered correctly. So here we go again:

#13 What is your favourite color?

God damn it. It’s black.

1 Like

Black is not a colour

Ok, red
(and the post must be at least 20 characters, apparently)

Hmmmm, a lot of dificulties with that color but i say mentor app aproved. Bokkie will give you your status in a random amount of days!

1 Like