Mentor Application - LauwmaLescoute //DENIED//

CKEY: LauwmaLescoute
Discord Name: Lauwma Lescoute#8429
Wiki User:
Living Playtime (OOC: View Tracked Playtime): 186,7h
Experience with NSV mechanics: I play every roles but my main roles are MAA, Captain and Pilot. Though I like to play engineer from times to times. I often propose myself to teach people about different mechanics, especially munition, piloting, engineering and plumbing.
Why do you want to be a mentor: I’m already tutoring new players IC and I’d like to be available in mentorhelp so I can also help them OOC. I believe that helping new players is important for the sustainability of the server.

Please answer the following questions:

Some of them don’t necessarily have correct answers.

#1 Detail how you start a fighter and take off:
In order to start a fighter you first need to fuel it. To fuel it grab the tyrosene fuel pump to bring it close to the fighter then click on it to grab the hose. Click with the hose in hand to fuel the fighter. You should see a window with a target fuel bar. When it’s at 100% the fuel will stop by itself you can just let go of the hose and bring the tank where it was before. You will then need to load ammunition in your fighter. If it’s a light fighter grab a light ammunition box and click on the fighter with it in hand. If it’s an heavy fighter you need heavy ammunition. Light fighters can also be loaded with missiles, grab a missile rack, unload the rack, then click drag the missiles in the light fighters. For heavy fighters do the same with torpedoes. You are now ready to spool your fighter ! Enter the fighter and close your canopy so you don’t get shot in the head by naval artillery. Turn on the battery, the fuel injector and the APU and watch the RPM dial go up. Once the dial is full you can hit ignite disable breaks with the console or with alt by default and fly with wasd. By default the ship orientation is oriented by your mouse. Fly out in space and disable safeties for your weapons once you are on the overmap. Good luck pilot, you’ll need it.

#2 What do you need to do in order to properly load the Naval Artillery, and what do you need to use?:
To load the naval artillery you’ll need shells and powder bags. Dispense an NAC shell from the ammo racks and bring it next to the loading gate if needed using a trolley. Multitool the shell to prime it then click drag it inside the gate to fit it inside. Then, dispense powder bags and load them in the powder loading gates. Access the console and pack the powder, you should see the powder level go up to 100%. If the captain wants 175% load more powder and pack it again. You can now feed the shell repeat the whole process even if you can’t feed so you already have one shell prepared.

#3 What is a good entry role for those new to NSV?:
Midshipman is the preferred role because most midshipman are fresh new players and most of the times the department will ask you if you want to learn the department. There’s also munition technician since it’s a good way to introduce to the overmap level of the game. Science and Medical are good roles if the person is experienced with bee science and medical. I insist that Miner is the worst entry role because people are expecting lavaland and then are faced with the barrier of piloting and then they SSD without asking help.

#4 What is a good entry role for those new to SS13?:
I’m gonna also say midshipman for the same reason, janitor because it engaged with basic SS13 mechanics like clicking, dragging, intents, turfs, disposal that most people can help them with.

#5 What is the difference between an Executive Officer on NSV and a Head of Personnel in regular SS13?: The executive officer is the right hand of the captain, they’re the second in command, they’re higher than the captain in the command chain and therefor can give order/demote other heads as well as the crew. While some of its roles are similar to the head of personnel they have the added role of assisting the captain in the macromanagement of the crew.

#6 How do you heal and revive an IPC?:
In order to fix burn damage you need to apply cable to all limbs. In order to fix brute damage you need to weld all limbs until the damage are gone. If it lacks oil you need to inject oils into it. The IPC will revive by itself if the damages are repaired. There’s a special chemicals for IPC to treat toxin damage called System Cleaner. To clean radiation Radioactive Disinfectant.

#7 What are the dos and don’ts upon finding your ship in superstructure critical?:
It often depends on the tactic, the situation and the preferences of the first in command. In a situation where the space fight can be won quickly if the ship is fully commited it could be wise to commit entirely to the fight despite being in sscrit and then repairing once the fight is finished. In more lengthy fights it’s common to evade combat to repair the ship the ship integrity and “reset” the sscrit timer. If the ship is too damaged, the weapons are crippled, it is preferrable to reset the sscrit timer and to repair weapons before commiting again.

#8 How do you reset an AI’s laws if they have been changed by an Ion storm?:
You only have to acquire a reset board next to the AI upload console. Remember to turn off the turrets in order to not get disabled by them. AI’s will defend their upload if the ion law allows them to do so, you either have the choice to talk and RP with them or try to break in the upload by disabling cameras and cutting inside the walls. The first method is preferred.

#9 Detail a stormdrive setup for beginners:
You first need to access the stormdrive control console and turn on maintenance mode. You then need to insert 5 control rods and turn off maintenance mode. You need to construct the particle machine by wrenching the part, inserting wires and screwdriving all parts. Then you can enter the console and scan the machine to see if everything is well set. You then need to be headed to atmo in order to prepare the fuel mix. The default fuel mix is 1/3 constricted plasma 1/3 N2 1/3 O2. you need to mix half and half two of them and then mix that mix with 1/3 of the last gas. The order depends of the ship. Also, you need to turn on the plasma constrictors and the pumps that are linked to the fuel mix line. The pump to the fuel tank should be around 1500kpa. You then need to come back to the SD. Set the fuel injector pump to 1500kpa, put the rod insertion in the SD console to 10% then activate the particle machine on the second setting. once the SD gives a message that the fusion starts turn off the particle machine and change the pump to 600-800kpa.
Don’t forget to set the SMES so you get the energy you need from the reactor.

#10 You’re an engineer and notice a massive drop in pressure in the AGCNR (nuclear reactor), what do you do?:
If there’s a massive drop in pressure it means the loop has been broken somewhere and the coolant is not circulating anymore. You need to check with a gas analyzer both end of the coolant loop to confirm that diagnosis. If the input has no gaz but the output has check for broken pipes in the coolant line. If the massive drop leads to a meltdown you need to treat the meltdown first by injecting CO2 in the moderator gazes.

#11 Detail the steps to take if the Stormdrive is close to melting down:
Engage SCRAM protocol, this should put the rod to full insertion, if it’s not, fully insert them. Inject CO2 in the fuel line, make sure it’s balanced with the other gazes. Make sure the fuel line is intact and that there’s fuel in the stormdrive.

#12 You don’t know the answer to a question in a mentorhelp, what do you do?:
If I can’t answer a question in mentorhelp I’m not gonna reply to it. If the mhelp gets unanswered I’m gonna research the information on the wiki or github and relay the information and specify that I’m not sure about my answer. If I cannot find the answer I’m gonna leave the mhelp open for someone to answer later in the round.

#13 What is your favorite color? (Color codes accepted for this question.): Teal #008080

I’m sorry within the 3-4 bussiness weeks there has been some talk with bokkie and it has been decided that the mentor team is of a big enough size that it is time to up the standard for mentor recruits. Sadly you do not meet these requirements just yet. I hope you keep up the enthuisasm of helping new people and perhaps you can join us in the mentor team in the future!
But for now this app is denied.

1 Like

Understandable, if you ever need help and I meet the requirement I’ll be there.
Thank you for your time !

1 Like