Moist Brother - Admin Application //ACCEPTED//

BYOND KEY: ThatGuyOverThere114
DISCORD ID: MOIST BROTHER#0670
USUAL IC HANDLE: Stephanie Ullman, any variations like S.T.E.P.H

EXPERIENCE WITH SS13:
I started on bee golden like years ago, went to paradise since I wanted less chaos. Paradise was getting boring for me so i kinda stopped playing that much.
I then discovered NSV when you guys went 24/7 and fell into a weeks long trance of literally living on NSV, i’ve been branching out a bit since 24/7 is over and play on Sage and Fortune13 a bit.

EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13: I faff about with my friends on private servers a bunch, so i know the tools(well enough i hope). I think i’m good at the people aspect since I literally only play head roles.

YOUR TIME-ZONE: CEST

AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK: well since NSV is only on weekends i can probably be on all day, but thats a bit much, so more or less like 10-40h+

YOUR MOTIVATION: We need loreboys in administration for event purposes, also i wanted to do this for a long time now. It sounds fun.

Why do you think we should accept you over other applicants? Why do you think you are qualified? Why should we trust you?
Thats a lot to ask, the only other applicant is my boss, the lore coordinator. I’ve been part of this community a good time now.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER: Loreboys are staff members >:P, It sounds fun, In my experience there are lots of rounds without admins, so i wanna try to fill out that niche.

QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER:
Patience, you need lots and lots of patience, everything else is secondary.
Obviously you need to know/be aware of possible bias’ses you have and try to make fair judgements.
Admins need to have a feeling for who is right/wrong, but that comes with experience.

#1 When is it okay to Adminbus?
For events mostly, that could mean a lot of things, so im gonna go with when you have permission from leads.
Or when there are minor things like a captain that is very very clearly not capable, and a player ahelps asking for permission to rebel, as long as it’s likely to go over well, that would be okay i think.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?
Antagonists on NSV serve a different purpose than on say Sage, here they have the purpose of giving security and other players not involved in overmap-combat some spice.
Regarding their freedoms, I am generally for a more hands-off approach, but antags that needlessly obstruct a round by say blowing up the reactor or such should probably be prevented or punished.

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?
I would try to find out in what way they are accusing me of doing, then I would involve a second party/admin/lead to tell me if im in the wrong or right.

#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?
Any action not taken in the interest of fun for the crew, If i want a ship i have PR’d to be tested, and nuke the round to get the ship tested, that’s not cool dude.
Or Actions taken in order to punish someone i personally dislike for minor things just to be a dick.

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?
All staff are in service to the players(Can you tell that’s idealism yet?)
Staff exists to make the game fun for the target audience, wether that means coding to add features the players will enjoy, or removing people acting in bad faith from the community.
They should not go about this heavy handedly, a community will self regulate as long as you give it a tap in the right direction when needed, and prune the baddies off the top.

Im always anxious that im writing too much, if i didn’t answer a question fully/correctly it’s probably because i tried to keep it short and fucked up(happened with my mentor app a lot).
I will mourn my nice lore name color on discord, the admin-blue is fuck ugly

Your application was accepted outside of the forums, due to a few technical issues.