Wilchen - Admin application - //DENIED//

BYOND KEY: Wilchen
DISCORD ID: Shezza
USUAL IC HANDLE: Sherrie Williams
EXPERIENCE WITH SS13: 5+ years
EXPERIENCE WITH ADMINISTRATION IN SS13: half a year on beestation at one point reaching the rank of council
YOUR TIME-ZONE: GMT+1
AVERAGE AMOUNT OF HOURS ACTIVE PER WEEK: when its up and new stuff is added
YOUR MOTIVATION: kmc personally encouraged me to make this app
Why do you think we should accept you over other applicants? Why do you think you are qualified? I’ve been and admin before.
Why should we trust you? I’ve known upper echelon of nsv13 for years now and i’m good friends with them and offense on my part would damage that relation
WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A STAFF MEMBER: I get bored on the weekends
QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR A STAFF MEMBER: I don’t mind observing the round for hours

#1 When is it okay to Adminbus?
Adminbus should only be used to enchance natural progression of the rounds, derailing said round is a big no-no.

#2 What is the purpose of antagonists and how much freedom should they have?
Purpose of antagonists is adding dynamic to the game, for that purpose they should have much more freedom to make the round more action packed and enjoyable, however not extending to making everyone sit out the round.

#3 What would you do if you were accused of abusing your power / being unfair and how would you react?
Calmly encourage any discussion over it to be made over forums, explain my actions and rationale over the forums, reassure my accuser and community that what i’ve done follows guidelines and conduct. Provide appropriate logs and ultimately if it gets proven i was unfair/abusing try to make ammends.

#4 What do you think qualifies as an abuse of power?
Acting maliciously towards playerbase or server, giving yourself advantage over a normal player.

#5 What is the purpose of staff and how do you think they should act?
Purpose of staff is moderating the game and discord, they should act as an example to the playerbase.

2 Likes

+1, catgirl profile picture.

You know that you shouldn’t say +1/-1, only staff(on beestation) is allowed…

I don’t mind, frankly. Regardless…

@shezza Mind expliaining the situation behind this:

Wilchen
1 strike
Total of 1
Abused admin-smite, improper handling of ahelps,
and ignoring instructions from the Head Admin.
Demoted to Admin until the strike is appealed.

As the strike was written without much detail and a fair amount of time has passed (about a year or so) i’ll try to explain events leading up to the note as best as i can.

Admin-smite in question was a punishment applied to a very toxic player (currently permabanned from beestation for toxicity), player is question was either demanding the AI to open the upload for him as a assistant and ahelping over it or he already bullied the AI into opening the upload for him (one of those, the situation repeated itself a round prior) he then proceeded to upload AI lawset that basically targeted AI players political views and was clear sign of metagrudge, I frankly didn’t want to entertain it one bit so I hit him with retardation and ignored his tickets to deal with the massive issue of time dillation being stupid, the round unceremonially ended with me restarting it about 5 minutes or so later.
I’ve explained the situation to the headmin and was told to apologize to the player, not given a time window I took a 1 day break during work week (working in retail is fucking depressing) i ended up not apologizing to the player and a strike was applied to me for ignoring instructions from a headmin.

We understand that you didn’t part with Beestation on the best of terms. Would you care to elaborate on your standing with them?

-1 due to a modlog strike while the application was open. If you can’t follow our rules as a player with an open admin application then you shouldn’t even be considered for an administrative position.

-1 due to a modlog strike while the application was open. If you can’t follow our rules as a player with an open admin application then you shouldn’t even be considered for an administrative position.

kmc’s meme 1 hour mute on me for quoting a meme video with a description of “no” is surely a real punishment for breaking a rule

sarcasm aside

if this is your real stance of having a modlog strike then please entertain me and explain a trial admin posting swastikas and being struck for it

Back to

We understand that you didn’t part with Beestation on the best of terms. Would you care to elaborate on your standing with them?

I was known on beestation discord for removing spammers and people who harrased other users so when a headmin decided to make a open unsecured poll a lot of people who had grievances with me could spam it to get me removed.

As for me leaving on a bad term, no I wouldn’t call it like that. Surely there were people who didn’t like me in the administration team but i was buddies with the rest.

I’m just going to cut to the chase and deny this application on Sergei’s behalf.

So much disqualifies you from this position including but not limited to unreasonable behavior in relation to following basic policies.

I’m going to discount KMC’s meme strike. The situation with Tira’s strike is resolved internally.

On the topic of beestation, I’m not going into that either.

Feel free to reapply after a few months with visible improvement…